BIP 29: Meme Competition for #WenDIGG

Category: Digg

Scope: #WenDIGG Meme Contest

Objectives:
• The Operations Team narrowed down the candidate list to a Top 10; this proposal aims to ratify these Top 10 entries to be placed into Snapshot.
• If this BIP received majority support > 40 votes “For”, we will place the ballot into Snapshot, and the Community will decide the ranking of the Top 10 entries.
• Most voted entry will be declared the winner and remaining 2nd-10th will garner the consolation prices.

Overview:
As many of you know, several projects have been built around memes alone, and while we are not trying to do that here, we do want to provide as many opportunities as possible for community participation. We can also leverage this to get some organic marketing for BadgerDAO.

The competition commenced last Jan. 15, 2021 and all entries must be submitted before 6pm CST, Jan. 24, 2021.

Prize structure:
:1st_place_medal: 1st Price: 75 $BADGER token
:2nd_place_medal: 2nd Price: 50 $BADGER token
:3rd_place_medal: 3rd Price: 25 $BADGER token
:medal_sports: 4th-5th Price: 15 $BADGER token
:medal_military: 6th-10th Price: 5 $BADGER token

Details:
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join in the fun! To participate, simply tweet your submission using the hashtags #WenDIGG and tag @BadgerDAO . To qualify for this competition, a memer must have a Twitter account created more than 10 days prior to the competition announcement. He/she must also have at least 10 followers and 10 tweets in the past year to be eligible. Any media format is acceptable; could be an image, video, GIF, etc. Multiple submissions are allowed but only one prize will be awarded per contestant.

There were 287 meme images, videos, GIFs, etc. entries when the submission was officially closed. The committee for this competition narrowed down the candidate list to Top 10 in no particular order:

1. 1

2. 2

3. 3-resize

4. 5

5. 6

6. 8

7. 10-resize

Deadline for this BIP’s voting will be at 6pm CST, Jan. 30, 2021.

Great job, Badger Memers!

If you agree with the committee’s Top 10, vote “For” to continue this into Snapshot.
  • For
  • Against

0 voters

3 Likes

I have voted Against.

Before you blindly vote, please consider reading link included below.

You will find out why I have voted against and proposal.

#WenDIGG Meme Contest Proposal+Content Idea

2 Likes

There are 287 content entries! Yes, 287!

it’s crazy !!! So i guess there is amazing content . Hard to judge of course

But sill …

I won’t give any example here. But not sure that we have the best representation of creativity on the above list. Almost half of it are not original at all …

Happy to help to select 50 entries if it can help the team.

But as it is now. it means that those one will all win a prize. So maybe a selection of 50 , or at least 30 would be a better option. So then the community can really decide.

3 Likes

congratulations to the winners!

since it is hard to judge creativity by objective measurements but i think there have been more creative gifs/memes that havent been choosen.
In my opinion it would be better to extend the top 10 to a top 30.
This way the community has a bigger pool to choose from.

1 Like

hi, pls tell have you reviewed my stickers ???

2 Likes

I made a tweet on time and properly. What criteria did you use to select the top 10???

2 Likes

Hello community. I would like to raise the question why my work is worse than what got into the top 10. I have animation drawn from 0. The whole concept has been developed for more than one day. The quality of the work exceeds everything that participates in the competition. My work can be used as Telegram stickers, GIFs, Discord stickers. I ask you to express your opinion on this matter. Because I think the outcome of the choice is not fair. Admin, I ask you to pay attention to this !!!. I will tell you an example of inadequate refereeing in the Freeton project. After the judges unfairly chose the members, the total number of community members decreased by 27%. And many good artists no longer take part in competitions. I want everyone to pay attention to this problem. I really like the community and the project. I think a vote should be held on all works. Let the community choose the best.

4 Likes

Voted against. Nothing against these top 10 but apparently people getting good feedback and likes/rt’s on twitter spreading the good news doesn’t come into account for the meme contest.

2 Likes

question : how do you decide who gets to help decide the top 50 ? if we agreed to let you what happens after you post your tp 50 then someone else is upset and wants to help pick the top 50 as well ?

comment removed. poopster reflected which is an admirable quality of a good human… much appreciated.

3 Likes

Who? Community of course!

Consider reading this one;
#WenDIGG Meme Contest Proposal+Content Idea

• it is based on top 10

but

There is now good point by @cryptouf and other guys that there is also possibility to extend the top 10 to a top “X”.

I really agree this is very good and must be continued I like the meme above. familiar memes should be deleted

Don’t know. I guess the core team can do it. Or you make a small team of people happy to spend time to do it

But it’s probably better to increase the quantity of finalist (50 ?) and let the community decide. Because here, we don’t really have the choice.

And let’s be honest, even if it’s personal. Some entries were a lot better and more original. (and i’m not speaking about mine , don’t get me wrong ^^ ). And based on the actual result of the vote, a lot of people have the same feeling.

But let’s people vote, and see what they think. It was just another option.

1 Like

the core team does not have time to do things like this. the other issues is you may have issues finding enough people to go through 50 memes. As it were there were 5 team members who went through and ranked them all and this was the aggregate - so it was not just one person deciding. Perhaps we can start a new discussion on how to improve going forward ? you seem to be passionate about this so if you would like to help organize it i am happy to help as well

haha you know i like comm and marketing . So happy to help.

It’s just that i saw very cool entries, and i’m feeling sorry for those people who spend time to create something cool :upside_down_face:

But you know, i’m happy with the result of this vote. It was just a suggestion. And i know it’s difficult to judge with this number of entries

1 Like

I posted in the other BIP. Re-posting here:

The contest rules on the original proposal stated:

“The following week we will post the team’s selections here in the forum for ratification by the community after which we will post the top 10 to Snapshot.”

We should follow consensus and the contest as it was detailed out. This was a free contest and this thread is starting to show a lot of entitlement. While it’s nice to consider community, changing the parameters after the competition would go against the original rules. We should consider a community vote as input for future contests. Voted For.

These are all quite good. Are they the best? I don’t know, I didnt look thru all the 280+ ! I trust the team making those decisions have done the leg-work here. Ultimately, u cant please everyone. Probably everyone whose meme didnt make top 10 automatically votes against :smiley:

We have an ongoing conversation and a proposed amendment (which i agree with) here : BIP 30: #WenDIGG meme Competition Proposal+Content Idea - #7 by ThreesSo
The proposal is to allow 6 more entries for community members to vote on. Seeing as one community member’s entry was left off the qualifying list completely i think it is necessary

2 Likes

the admin should decide the winner. If it’s like this, there will be people who continue to protest 200 people will choose to disagree with the meme above because they have their own meme

3 Likes

agree with this. literally everybody who submitted a meme is gna whine if they aren’t in the top 10.

Also, can you post link to the full vid (pls watch with sound lol that’s like half the fun)