BIP 29: Meme Competition for #WenDIGG

I agree. BIPs should be for protocol and platform improvements. We should be focusing on the product and generating long term return, wealth, and freedom for the users.

We recommend that the admin and the team choose if the committee vote then there will be a lot of fraud and it will cause new problems, even better. immediately select and end everything

This BIP did not pass. We believe the community wants to see a longer list of entries considering there were 287 submissions. We will push another BIP that will include Top 16.

Do take note GIFs and images are the only acceptable format that can be uploaded on forum. Any video entries must be converted first to GIF. In line with this, we would like to hear what is the community’s opinion about attaching a link for those video submissions. Will the badger community would only passively cast their votes without even seeing the video from its corresponding attached link? Or attach the link and the community will take their time watching it before casting their votes?

1 Like

Vote top 10 of all, then new vote on them. IMO

Are this really the top 10? I am sure I saw better content out there. I don’t like most of them, so no. Against.

I mean, as someone who made a video (with sound edits as well), if yall didn’t want video submissions u shlda made that clear

Definitely link the video. The gif is garbage in comparison.

Also strongly favor the badger team just choosing winners rather than this nonsense voting when ppl will just vote for themselves. literally everybody is gna end up unhappy if its decided by the community, because the many community members have vested interest/biases

We never saw it coming that the forum can only accept GIFs and images uploads. If we had known there will be a technical issue right from the start, we would have limited it to GIFs and images since this a meme contest anyway. Also, there’s a max limit per upload and that is 4mb.

Totally agree with this. Although, we are pushing this contest to be as decentralized as possible in the essence of true DAO. Rather letting the core team picking their winners and presenting it to the community just for ratification. In the end, community decides everything.

2 Likes

well, links must be provided to the videos, the gif is just garbage honestly. and put a strong recommendation that if ppl are going to vote, that they watch/ consume all the things properly

2 Likes

This is starting to add a ton of complexity into what should have been a fun and simple contest. As the price goes up, more people will be wanting their meme in list. I’m worried a BIP will never pass due to salt.

1 Like

The community seems to want a larger list of potential winners. I think the quick way to solve is to expand the list according to what was discussed in BIP29 and BIP30. That the team responsible for choosing the first 10 possible winners choose the remaining one quickly and that it be submitted to a final vote according to what the community decides!

Thank you very much to all the members of the community for actively participating in the voting and in the discussion and exchange of ideas to achieve the most fair competition while maintaining the spirit of decentralization!

Attach my link to my video to enter the competition :slight_smile:

Why can’t we just have community vote from the 287? At least as an elimination round for a second vote on 10? Seems the most fair, then everyone knows the whole community had a chance to vote on the meme they made.

1 Like

This BIP is the first of two votes for a vote for a wen $DIGG meme competetion when $DIGG has been out for over a week.

@amplice’s video is better than all the submissions combined. My vote is to give him all the $BADGER and in the future use this as a lesson that voting on every single little thing is inefficient and unnecessary. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes