BIP 6: Badger Grants Month 1

@Spadaboom

You see what i mean ? do you want to start a DAO with a base like that ? not sure …

You are just talking absolute nonsense. Proposed these people? How about we propose you for talking crap? All of these people are doing something useful and contributed to ecosystem. Prove me otherwise.

1 Like

Nice job everyone! Keep up the outstanding work! We in this together!

Two others raise the same point, I also have used his site numerous times and pushes many that we’re having issues to that site.

I’m all for an increased payout for him.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean here. The circulating supply is over 1 million coins. This proposal is for 11k

This is not what this is. As outlined in the proposal guidelines this is just signalling and from here we go to snapshot

Ya this is uncalled for. Don’t attack peoples opinions like this. We don’t want this type of stuff on the forum

There’s people applied to the job board and have been super active well beyond expectations since launch.

We have waited a few weeks and these are the standouts. The core team has worked and communicated with them while determining their level of interest.

It’s not fair at all to say dictatorship. Everything is open and transparent and this along with other critical proposals are going to snapshot vote

You say moving too fast. How do you expect the DAO to operate with such big operational needs. We need a much bigger team of people who share our values, understand our products and have shown the passion needed to lead this.

1 Like

Ok… Think there is not space to discuss here as the decision is already made

Just 2 points:

Job board was posted the 15th. We are the 17th , so 48h. So it was not an open call. I know several other people who applied, some proposition were made on the topic. But no feedbacks were made.

Keep my words in context ! I said that (with more context before):

With more structure and discussion and thinking . And no need to do everything at the same time. Prioritizing is an important part of a DAO.

Will probably come back here in few weeks when all the excitement has subsided. Because I believe in the project but don’t find my place at the moment. Will follow from afar while waiting

I appreciate the response. My math was incorrect; that is approximately 1% of the current circulating supply.

My logic is this: Developers and Contributors build for the product (the vision of BADGER), then token is airdropped to investors. The message to investors is to stake for more $BADGER, don’t dump, and support the project, for which you will be rewarded.

Then, while investors are staking, builders receive grants for the projects they will be creating, but also for the projects they’ve already built. They now have their reward for their time and work investment in the project, and therefore have no skin in the game.

But crypto rewards are a zero-sum game. Not everyone wins. Someone is left holding the bags when the developers rightfully dump their bags to eat. That’s the investor.

Not all investors are whales, or greedy. Most of us care about the projects we invest in and want them to succeed. We don’t want to invest large percentages of our small capital only for it to pay for the project’s operational parameters. When an investor buys bitcoin, they “support” the project just by buying, but aren’t investing to pay the miners, Satoshi, or people that market BTC.

Companies have a balance sheet with designated funds for employees. This proposal requests that, early on in the project’s life, we take funds from investors and use them to pay employees.

Yes, their is a treasury, but whenever tokens are dumped, they affect all holders, not just the treasury, and especially market sentiment and the stakers.

Instead of just raising issues, I propose we postpone the grant providing till after the 10-week liquidity mining event. Then you can distribute 11,000 $BADGER from the treasury over the course of 30 days to whoever the community decides.

2 Likes

While it’s true the amount of time the community had for this open round was relatively short, it’s unfair to criticize the team. As I assume you are possibly dejected from making an effort to secure a role and weren’t successful, it’s important to remember a few things: 1.) the project and community has been established and growing well before this initial call, 2.) it’s on the cards to go with the folks that have been around and active from jump - what better way to determine interest and ability on such a short timeline?, 3.) there will be other calls for participation; this is just the first round and it is only proposed for 1 month, and 4.) it’s easy to criticize a process when the decision isn’t yours to make.

All decentralized organizations start with centralization. Not only is it inevitable, but the blueprint has been shown to work.

I think it’s an appropriate approach (I even applied to a role and didn’t get it!). Patience and demonstrable commitment to the effort will increase odds of joining later.

Shrinking back at this time leaves valuable time where you could prove yourself. If you’re serious about getting involved, it’s my opinion you should recognize the folks chosen were chosen on the basis of their participation from the beginning, which is fair. Getting involved today will make us favorable for the next round as we show prowess and commitment.

Positivity breeds positivity.

4 Likes

I didn’t. Giving an opinion, doesn’t mean criticizing.

hum… not really. You probably don’t really know me, and my approach of DAO and DeFI and projects like that.

Otherwise, I mostly agree with you .

But what are we supposed to say if we can’t give our opinion and share are experience about other DAO ?

Amen to everything ? is it what you/we want ?

English is probably not the first language for all members here, We also have different culture. So something that can be seen as an attack or a critic , it’s not necessarily the case. And it’s also why is nice to use :rofl: or ^^ when you write. So people can understant they don’t have to take it in the 1st degree. But apparently it doesn’t always works ^^

3 Likes

Apologies if I misunderstood.

I don’t believe this should be an echo chamber (and I don’t get that vibe from the team either). I am most certainly not a ‘yes man’. Let’s just do what we can to help out.

Let’s just get this!

Our time will come!

2 Likes

Hey cryptouf,

I created a channel for exactly this yesterday, so there is a place to discuss more - https://discord.com/channels/743271185751474307/788826147533488198

feel free to start up some discussion on this BIP or any other there.

2 Likes

no worries. I know communication can be sometime difficult on forums and especially when there is people from everywhere around the world .

2 Likes

thanks , will check that

Amazing work everyone, Thanks to all for the grants

Fully agree. I was not in discord but would have sold my LP shares and unstaked my airdrop had it not been for vfats excellent interface!

3 Likes

pay the mans! big love to vfat

1 Like

i think a constructive thing you could do would be to propose a new/different way to go about doing this. i understand your concerns here and would love to see the community discuss and explore options for all the decisions that are made here. This is a community driven project and one i feel very passionate about so i think that if the community has suggestions here we can always explore those