Scope: Initiate grant process for rewarding contributors to Badger.
- Define the purpose of Badger grants
- Outline who should receive first set of grants from the treasury
- The responsibilities of those receiving grants
Badger has accelerated quickly and with that comes a need to compensate those that will contribute moving forward along with people would took actions prior to this proposal that deserve a grant.
Grants are meant to be the means for compensating fixed projects and ongoing operational support. These are people who’ve shown interest and have been chosen by the core team to fill outstanding requisitions from the job board. To compensate these contributors we’ll leverage the treasury in the form of $BADGER. Currently there is 7,350,000 $BADGER in the treasury.
To start I propose we do a 30 day grant program starting upon approval of this proposal and after that define if quarterly proposals are better suited. Since this is the first month there is some trial and error.
The core team have spoken with a variety of contributors that voiced their willingness to get involved in operations. The grants below will be to rewarded those people along with those that went out of their way to help Badger.
$BADGER will be distributed daily via the “claim rewards” function in the app.badger.finance over the course of 30 days.
These proposals are meant to gather feedback from the community and if there are grants you don’t agree with please voice your opinion. If there is community consensus around that discrepancy we will adjust accordingly.
Past Contribution Grants
- Jintao- He has created https://sett.vision/ the one stop dashboard for all things Badger. Grant 500 $BADGER
- vfat- He created https://vfat.tools/badger/ as an alternative for users to deposit in vaults and see their Badger position. This was critical when we had UI issues in the first couple days. Grant 500 $BADGER
Front End Development
- mitche 750 $BADGER
Backend/Smart Contract Development
- shakeshack 750 $BADGER
- gismar 750 $BADGER
- DeFi Frog - Leading product board, job board, governance steward and financial modeling/analysis 600 $BADGER
- kris2f - Leading contest, onboarding champion for operations and moderator 500 $BADGER
- BitcoinPalmer - Partnerships, onboarding champion for operations and moderator 500 $BADGER
- Niklas - Grant curator responsible for ecosystem grant designs and operational grant management. 400 BADGER
- Jonto- Leading DIGG product along with project managing launch. 600 $BADGER
Marketing and Content
- Ingalandia - Marketing and content lead including blog, social media, newsletter and bounty board. 500 $BADGER
- DeFiFry- Content and blog manager 300 $BADGER
Graphic Design and Video Creation/Editing
- Donald 350 $BADGER
- kryptobi 200 $BADGER
- faces - 200 $BADGER
- sp7290- 200 $BADGER
- jakeminlim - 200 $BADGER
- zashton - Development of DIGG app and dashboard. 500 $BADGER
- vfat- Structure and implement DIGG Airdrop along with vault integration testing. 500 $BADGER
- Jamlog - Will lead the airdrop v2 to resolve issues for any Badgers that were missed. This includes gathering all the appropriate data and preparing it for our merkle airdrop. 1500 $BADGER
- btconethereum.com - We are excited to welcome a new project, btconethereum.com to the Badger DAO. https://twitter.com/lastmjs will lead this and through grants and community support together we’ll launch new and improved features. 300 $BADGER
- DIGG Token Design Content = 400 $BADGER Total
Total $BADGER Allocation for month 1 = 11,000 $BADGER
If you are in favour of month 1 grants, vote “for” and if you are not in favour vote “against”. Please share your feedback and guidance.