Category: Treasury Management - Budgeting
Scope: 3,000 Badger
Objective: Make it easier to use fast bounties and rewards to bring the team and community closer and help us find and engage top talent.
Tritium keeps offering bounties he’s not authorized to pay out. This requires significant governance/management work to deal with. Grant Tritium 3k badger to pay out at his own discretion over the next 6 months. Bounties will be posted on the Badger Discord in the Badger Bounty Billboard channel, tracked and reported by Tritium, and paid by the treasury. No single person will receive more than 300 BADGER from this program.
The team is super busy and the world wants everything built and perfect, sooner than soon:tm:. This has created a real talent crunch at badger where most of the key team members are so busy they don’t have time to find, evaluate and onboard new people.
Over the last weeks I have been working to bring the team and community closer together by trying to figure out where/how we can tap resources from the community to help us build. Last weekend we set a bounty to track flow across the bridge, and by Sunday we had 2 good solutions, the cost, 150-200 badger.
This BIP is to grant Tritium discretionary budget over 3000 badger to pay out in bounties. No single person will receive more than 300 badger of this money.
This BIP will expire 6 months after approval or when all the allocated funds are spent. The time/budget may be extended by another BIP, or other budgetary process that exists at that time. It is my hope that this will be a one time BIP, and that this program will not remain a personal endevour.
- All badger will be held in the treasury, payments will be tracked and paid out/accounted for in the same way as our other grants are paid out at the end of each month.
- The specific bounty recipients and the amount they received will be listed on the monthly Grants BIP as information only.
- These bounties will be excluded from grants consideration and voting process as long as there is still budget available and the person in question has received under 300 Badger through this program.
The Badger used will be pulled from the Dev Mining Allocation.
Stipulations based on comments:
- All bounties of over 10k USD on the date of completion of bounty are subject to approval by the Badger Council.
- The Badger Council holds veto rights over all bounties.
- Tritium will sequester himself from all council deliberations concerning this program.