DIGG Launch Parameters

I sent the request for Badger already. They won’t be able to do anything about Digg at the moment, requires token address.

Pretty sure Spadaboom knows the Balancer guys too

3 Likes

Sushiswap is apart of the Yearn ecosystem who we collaborate with. I am not anti Uniswap by anymeans and love the OGs. But sushiswap feels much more aligned with badger. would rather support another community ran DEX. not to mention it can provide more value to badger as we can earn sushi rewards. UNI will not incentivize us.

10 Likes

see reponse to sulta :slight_smile:

1 Like

For sure, SUSHI/xSUSHI are very similar to Badger bBadger. Would be a good community to onboard due to that fact. The communal governance is a huge plus in that column as well.

4 Likes

My only take, is that I would love to see a Uni pool for DIGG/WBTC LP - Its what I’m personally familiar with and so is majority of the chain familiar with - I love the adaption and ability to provide new pools but I feel an OG pool is required, just to facilitate all community members individually.

That way, no one feels left out or that they need to treck into territory they are not comfortable with!

TLDR: Maintain UNI pools for DIGG/Future

1 Like

What is the current definition of Early users and contributors? Is that referencing that program from way back?

1 Like

I agree with you
Love BADGER :heart:

1 Like

I asked in the Digg-product channel and was told:

So options are “all users of setts from launch up until launch of DIGG”, contributors to the early contributor program, or any other group the community thinks would be good to reward/include.
-Jonto

6 Likes

Farming period.

I suggest using the same farming period for DIGG as we do for Badger.

Overall I think it would be better to smooth out the ending of liquidity mining incentives over more extended periods.

For example, on the 5th week we distribute 90% of rewards, on the 6th 80%, etc.

And in the end, we’ll keep a small APY bonus that would incentivize people to stay with the Setts.

Initial Distribution.

If my understanding is correct, initially, we don’t have many additional incentives in place that would drive DIGG’s price up when it is below the peg.

To compensate for that, I propose to allocate part of the DIGG supply for the “staking under the peg”( SUP) program .

What is SUP?

In essence, when the price of DIGG is below the peg, DIGG/WBTC LPs get an additional DIGG bonus.

It compensates for the shrinking supply, incentivizes holding, and distributes more DIGG rewards towards actors who prevent the DIGG product from entering the death spiral.

With time, the Badger Community will likely develop other mechanics that will help pulling the price from below the peg.

For the initial launch and first steps, the additional staking rewards seem fitting to me both as a safety proposition and a distribution mechanic.

I would suggest reserving 20% for the SUP program, 10% from the Community treasury, and 10% from the Farming rewards.

This number is a rough intuition at this point.

Early users and Contributors Airdrop.

It seems to me that Airdropping DIGG to Badger stakers, Badger/WBTC LPs, and Badger MEME farmers pretty much covers our core audience we would like to reward with the initial launch.

As for other communities, I suggest keeping inviting them as a DAO with small claimable airdrops from treasury funds in DIGG + Badger, but that is another story.

Initial Setts.

I support the initial setts + would add:

• Uniswap DIGG/WBTC LP

• Balancer smart pool.

If we would like to introduce another BTC to the program (renBTC, tBTC, or sBTC), I would suggest doing it in the Balancer smart pool:

• The Uniswap DIGG/WBTC pair is cohesive with Badger/WBTC pair
  • Balancer users are likely more technically savvy
  • Eventually, we might create a multipool on Balancer which would include DIGG, WBTC, sBTC, renBTC, and tBTC.

I would allocate more of the LP incentives towards Uniswap because of their userbase.
If we get to top-10 tokens liquidity wise there, we get immediate exposure to more than 100k weekly traders.
For reference, Sushiswap has 4.2k weekly traders, and Balancer 220.

13 Likes

Beautifully laid out.

The SUP concept interests me. Any other rebase projects doing this?

As for your Balancer pool idea, please see my above comment.DIGG Launch Parameters

2 Likes

I don’t think Ampleforth is a good match. It’s (arguably) a pump and dump coin tied to the Dollar… while BADGER is all about Bitcoin.

i agree with @DeFiFrog and suggest we concentrate on BTC on Ethereum projects mostly, which are actually providing synergy and value for us.

Give those REN Darknodes and KEEP operators some love - without them BADGER wouldn’t exist.

9 Likes

I agree with the parameters suggested but would like to see us allocate 1000 DIGG to correlate to the current reward allocation with the remaining 1500 going to three new DIGG LPs across Sushi, Uni, and Balancer using this allocation:

Sushi - 600
Balancer Smart Pool - 300 (we should whitelist to receive Balancer awards if possible)
Uni - 600

1 Like

I agree with the initial Sets that will earn for $Digg.

I like the ideas for Balancer better than others.

1 Like

Some core questions come to mind for me.

• When to start the rebase?

• Do we have a single side liquidity for the DIGG LP vault? (ie add wbtc and the vault sells 50% for DIGG and puts it into the LP position for you )

• What happens if a users DIGG sits in the reward tree for days before being claimed? How is this properly distributed if the supply increases or shrinks during that time?

• Do we launch with multiple AMM’s or 1?

• If we don’t have a decentralized oracle prepared for launch is it then critical to have 2 liquidity pools (UNI and Sushi for example) to leverage multiple TWAP’s for additional protection?

I have some thoughts but would love to see what the community thinks

7 Likes

Made some changes to the distribution based on some of the newer articles that had been published. previous numbers were outdated. All still open for community approval.

SUP idea is very interesting. So we could have a standard LP reward and then a boost whenever we are under the peg. I would definitely support something like this if we could work it out.

3 Likes

Very well explained here. I also like the SUP part. Will 100% support this.

1 Like

Have we decided and agreed the process for rebasing that results in equity in DIGG? For example, how much goes back into the LP, Treasury and Token Holders? It’s probably worth agreeing and setting the expectations pre-launch if we haven’t.

1 Like

If we deliver a product and service, which people find interesting and profitable, users will come to us no matter on which platform we are. Choosing Uniswap, just because it is the biggest fish around does not sound quite right to me. As we saw after the end of UNI farming, users and liquidity may shift in no time.
For the rest of your post - respect!

1 Like

When to start rebase?

• Please either make the rebase random or rebase every 3 hours. Rebase once in a day at a given time could bring the bots into play.

Single side liquidity

• I like this concept. Similar to Balancer

Rebase should happen properly wherever the tokens are, either in LP or otherwise. Also people should be made aware of impermanent losses. I have observed that when a token raises too fast and too high in price, the impermanent losses could be as high as 50% of the actual value.

Multiple AMMs or 1?

• No opinion on this

• For Oracles better to use Chainlink/Band

4 Likes