DIGG Launch Parameters

Junte-se a nós no servidor Discord. Podemos ajudá-lo no canal de suporte lá

5 Likes

I agree of using the DIGG/renBTC Pair instead of wBTC as it is more decentralized.

6 Likes

Hi Badger community! Happy Holidays. I seem to not be able to find launch date yet. it says 12/20 but obviously thats postponed. is there any info that i can read about this? Thanks

3 Likes

We’re hoping some time next week :grinning:

5 Likes

stoked to see DIGG launch. Remembered reading about this project recently but wanted to see how it faired after a bit of time. price seems stable at 6 dollars, market cap is healthy, team is giving great updates and seems very knowledgeable.

hopefully not too late to take part in the DIGG launch, just started staking some badger today.

Either way, stoked to see innovation in Bitcoin on Ethereum via BadgerDAO :slight_smile:

will keep my :eyes: peeled this week

8 Likes

Welcome to the community…better late than never so all good :wink:

3 Likes

Welcome @rootslashbin. Glad to have you!

2 Likes

It is probably a good idea to take advantage of the positive sentiment in BTC and launch $DIGG while BTC is trending up. $DIGG is pegged to BTC and it will give LP’s and others a good buffer with a few positive re-bases.
Also, this really throws the BTC 21million cap out of wack, cause $DIGG is pretty much BTC on ETH, so there will probably be some blowback from BTC-maxis.
$DIGG is an outstanding idea/project and the sooner its launched the higher the chances of its success. If BTC starts to dump, the negative rebases will suck a lot of positive sentiment out of the market.
I realize that we only get one shot at a launch and everything needs to be done perfectly, but time is of the essence here.
$Bagder and $Digg - changing DeFi

6 Likes

@jojo I agree on all points - however I think you overstate the risks of us missing out on positive forward momentum. BTC trending up will likely continue over the next year, as more large and semi-illiquid institutional positions are opened, price arbitrage will start to lock in prices leading to less variability. This will help us avoid the kind of negative rebase spiral everyone is worried about following a BTC dump.

Time is of the essence - but the window of the BTC bull market is a lot bigger than 1 or 2 weeks.

Semper Badgers!

6 Likes

I agree with your points - This bull market will probably last longer. Let us hope that we don’t get stuck in a negative re-base spiral.
Also, the team is undoubtedly awesome, but we must make sure we don’t start to suffer from analysis paralysis - Regardless of what the final launch parameters are, there are going to be some folks that will be disappointed and will disagree. Well, the devs can’t please everyone.
I hope a decision is taken soon and we all accept it and help move the project forward.
Thanks for your input and I look forward to reading more of you comments.
…jj

5 Likes

I posted this proposal as part of the Week 1 Emissions discussion, but happy to share it over here too if this is a more apt place to do so.

TL;DR
Proposing an Emissions Model that gives Badger Stakeholders 65% of Badger Emissions and 35% of DIGG Emissions. DIGG Stakeholders get 30% of Badger Emissions and 70% of DIGG Emissions.

Non Badger/Non DIGG Stakeholders get 0% of DIGG Emissions and 30% of Badger Emissions

Screenshot 2020-12-27 at 5.45.18 PM

2 Likes

aye yey cap’n! semper $badgers! go slow to go fast, it’s a lot of things being built quietly. $digg has been operational on test net for several months now if i’m not mistaken: https://github.com/Badger-Finance/digg-core

not a dev please correct if i am incorrect @Spadaboom @jonto @DeFiFrog

9 Likes

Nice proposal. Not in favour of givingSushi Badger/WBTC pools more rewards than the Uniswap pools, keeping them equal would be fair

6 Likes

it’s a lot to consider… because prior to $digg launch without seeing behind the curtain it seems like the most active market participants for $digg will be sushiswap users and the most active market participants for $badger will be uniswap users

4 Likes

i agree with you. bro

3 Likes

Hey So I Uhh misunderstood the new page and unstaked my stake that I had staked since like day 1 or 2 and lost all my bonuses. Is there anyway to do like a retroactive vote to reward someone who unstaked but then immediately restaked? My address can verify everything Im saying. 0xF3cd7261F2515C815d2bc0BC509Ff38e45e05d6D

Did you unstake before or after the snapshot? If after then you will still get your multipliers applied to the Digg airdrop.

1 Like

I had a similar issue with one address - unstaked Badger, staked WBTC/Badger, and then re-staked badger. Never spent a day without staking, but I guess this could affect the distribution.

3 Likes

I believe it may have been before the snapshot which has got me worried. I really like the community and have been supporting since day 1 thats why I’m kinda sad that it seems I may have lost all my bonuses. Just cause I only unstaked cause I misunderstood the new UI and thought I had to restake my stake but then realized I had unstaked the stake I had since like day 1.

1 Like

This is why I was wondering If there were enough of us that this happened to that there could be someway of still accumulatively reward some members based on days staked all together. Then I’d still be recognized as one of the long time stakers. I know this probably isnt possible with all votes on the DIGG supply already having been cast but this community of all communities seems like the kind of group that would still want to reward a valid member and staker since day 1. I don’t know what’s possible at this point but hey maybe something is possible. The community seems like the kind of community that might be able to do something.

2 Likes