BIP-55: Grant Tritium-VLK a budget of 3000 badger for Bounties

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

I voted yes for this proposal after the stipulations discussed in the comments were added. @Tritium is doing an excellent job drumming up the community and should have a discretionary spending budget to allocate to getting badgers to contribute great things.

A $100k budget over 6 months for community projects seems reasonable for me, as it will get at least 10 projects started / out the door.

2 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

I agree on the need for more structure as Badger grows.

But if there’s not enough bandwidth to run a full process then you gotta empower people and trust their judgement.

All the projects I’ve seen Tritium putting out there seem totally necessary and the budgets reasonable.

In addition, being able to nimbly pay good people for small tasks is a great way to attract longer term talent.

2 Likes

Nothing to add in detail to the already fully discussed BIP. Except to say everything I see Tritium do is very much aimed at bettering Badger Dao. Thanks and I hope it continues long into the future.

1 Like

All 3 of your concerns have been addressed ser, do I have your vote?

Specifically:

1: structured BIP for sub-budgets should include what would qualify for funds from it

This BIP is to grant Tritium discretionary budget over 3000 badger to pay out in bounties. No single person will receive more than 300 badger of this money.<

2: the parameters/limitations/time frames

Parameters: This BIP is to grant Tritium discretionary budget over 3000 badger to pay out in bounties. No single person will receive more than 300 badger of this money.<

Limitations: All bounties of over 10k USD on the date of completion of bounty are subject to approval by the Badger Council. The Badger Council holds veto rights over all bounties.

Timeframe: This BIP will expire 6 months after approval or when all the allocated funds are spent.

3: How this coincides with the badger grants program:

All badger will be held in the treasury, payments will be tracked and paid out/accounted for in the same way as our other grants are paid out at the end of each month. The specific bounty recipients and the amount they received will be listed on the monthly Grants BIP as information only in order to keep all our grant payroll information in one place for the community. These bounties will be excluded from voting as long as they falls within the 3k budget and the person and question has received under 300 badger through this program.

1 Like

https://snapshot.org/#/badgerdao.eth/proposal/QmdDuc1jESvCpuqK5ukSqhxonVptgz2Z7hkhboLWLoXEfH

Was not aware of this BIP until it was posted in snapshot. It will probably pass but I am strongly against people offering bounties he is not authorized to pay out and against granting a budget without any structure, to be spent at the discretion of an individual.

I would be in favor to grant a budget for bounties provided clear objectives, structure, metrics and offered / granted by a council, not by an individual.

I am surprise this does not have a strong opposition but it is what it is. I wish I didn’t have most of my Badger in PoolTogether so I could have much more voting power.

1 Like

I think I have demonstrated the value of what I am doing and am trusted by the community. Further, we all understand that Badger needs to BUIDL faster, and that takes talent. It’s hard bringing people into a reasonably unstructured, fast moving, young organization. This is working, I hope when you look back at how this program is handled, how reporting is done, and the end results, you will understand why it has support.

There is quite a bit of structure mentioned in the BIP taking the form of a number of gates requiring council approval, which is the basic structure of most innovation programs. A number of reference examples of bounties already posted, some of which have already been filled and resulted in onboarding of needed talent. 3000 Badger, or 10k is not a lot of money for a DAO with a billion AUM in BTC looking for great UX and awesome returns.

I agree that we need a lot more structure on this stuff, but I think we are exploring uncharted waters here, and spending a bit of money on experiments like this is the foundation of innovation. Let’s find the structure as we build with small experiments, not hold ourselves back with unnecessary amounts of bureaucratic process. This is tech, we must be agile, but also smart.

It is my opinion that we should scrutinise our bigger spends more, and more freely try using small amounts of resources to propel our project and vision forward.

lol i dont know why you still care dear badger governance as most other defi projects is a joke just go farm get your profits then dump as we will all do lol

Completely agree with this

I am for this as long as detailed spreadsheet is made available to the public to see the flow of the funds.

It can be ‘Project Name’ - ‘Grant Recipient’ - ‘Amount’ - 'Paid (Y/N)- ‘Comments’ The public visibility can bring trust to the people.

This can also help Tritium keep track of spending and also have record keeping when asked on ‘why’.

This is a good proposal because Badger does need to move fast to buidl and this can speed up the building.

As the Team Lead for Spanish Translation I’ve had team members become unmotivated because part of the Badger Team( I don’t know whom and not pointing fingers simply making a statement ) but the structure to payout Translators and Content Contributors has been delayed and this affects some of the translator’s motivation to be committed to the specific Spanish content translation team. I bring this up because I’ve had one team member move on to other projects/DAOs that reward them for their contributions.

In a sense we have to recognize we are competing with other DAOs for a limited talent pool.

If we want to move fast proposals like this should be made more often and I would suggest giving this type of authority to active community members such as Council members, Ambassadors, Core Team, to have a budget to build things out for the benefit of the DAO. It can be an opt-in or opt-out for the previously mentioned type of roles to decide to receive discretionary spending for the benefit of The DAO. (its members and the protocol)

1 Like

I filtered the eth addresses out of my tracking list and posted it for public viewing here.
Badger Bounties - Google Sheets

1 Like

This is great!!! :hammer_and_wrench: :hammer_and_wrench: :100: :100:

1 Like