BIP 19: Reduce Initial DIGG Supply to 4,000

Zoinks guys, the price of BTC changed again! Let’s do another revote to change the supply to 5000 AMIRITE?!?

3 Likes

This is valid point… Given the circumstances, a negative rebase would have been ideal with this decrease in price. A lot more tricky then trying to peg to dollar, hence why initial supply is arbitrary and can be any number. Its alot harder to predict the direction or price of btc, hence why the rewards for rebasing in a volatile asset like bitcoin, will be more profitable.

1 Like

lmfao this process is so sketch.

3 Likes

people we are in a community with good people and dedicated professionals all here we have to have the same interests, we are hoping that in a certain way then the time that it will take doesn’t matter much but it matters to us and that the right project is consistent be more patient about time and focus more on the project even though it may take me longer than expected. because it is better to hope for something good than to catch something that may have a point that can harm him up front, we don’t need to discredit but because of our ideas and vote for what we do best.

2 Likes

its okay guys, this is part of producing quality products

1 Like

thanks for posting this! just voted!

2 Likes

Well, let me just say that I seriously DIGG the level of discussion that has went into a properly executed launch over a rushed one. There has been an intense level of discussion around this issue, leaving me a bit surprised that any could feel left out from the process.

A reduced supply makes sense to me and to those who appear to be here for the right reasons, so I voted FOR.

5 Likes

thanks for posting link!

1 Like

Snapshot wasn’t announced (at least I didn’t actually receive any notification). Thank you for posting it here. I voted accordingly.

2 Likes

Are you planning an algorithmic dollars pegged currency? to supplement DIGG

The “team” may have made a small mistaken by awarding badger tokens to the cover protocol without a proper DAO vote to get things kick started. Other than that, they don’t really have much more to do with cover than anyone else in the community.

We gave cover badger, they got hacked, they still have badger, it’s kind of up to them what to do with it. There will certainly be a vote before we give cover mroe badger and the community can talk about it.

I think Spadabooms point is that there is this constant “the devs” are making all these decisions behind my back mentality. I joined the Dev discord about a week ago to help with some DevOps stuff, and I can tell you that there is no other secret hidden conversation going on there. Just people talking about how to do what the DAO wants. Every proposal which comes up on there moves quickly to a BIP and/or the forum.

So I think the real thing is, stop asking/blaming “the devs” and start asking the community/the DAO. This s a new model of organisation, there is no man behind the curtain. Let’s keep it that way instead of looking for/trying to create one that doesn’t exist.

4 Likes

dunno why ur @ing me. i’ve been helping this whole time. others here are the one’s who have been silent

voted against obviously

I was vote 419… So close…

I think the mods are doing a good job of getting everyones opinion and moving fast. We need to get better at figuring out how to formulate BIP’s and agree to things, but at now it seems about right.

We don’t want to end up like Uniswap afterall. DeFi moves fast, it’s important to move quickly. If you feel like BIP-19 was rushed through, you could come up with a well structured counterproposal and run it as another bip to override it.

3 Likes

@Tritium the million badger question is definitely how to structure these proposals / votes so they don’t devolve into endless debate and so that we can move fast on them.

We could hypothetically structure it like

1. BIP is released and a 48 hour voting/ debate period starts
  2. If the BIP > 75% approval within 48 hours approve
  3. If not extend debate for 48 hours more
  4. If BIP is still not > 75% delete

This would really speed up the process while allowing serious debate to evolve and react to the fast pace of DeFi. This would also incentivize people to put hard work and thought into the BIPs - ideally the ideas in BIP have been socialized across the community for some time before it even becomes a BIP.

The Mods do a good job of moving things along and the system described above may already be in place (@DeFiFrog) - but as the DAO grows and we have to react to increasingly complex problems this system will need to be further developed.

9 Likes

this seems like a reasonable approach, i do however have one suggestion in relation to making the actual snapshot page where the voting occurs more widely known to the community. hahaha i realize this is probably due to my own stupidity, but BIP 19 was the first proposal i voted in despite being here on the forums for a couple weeks and having a keen interest in being a part of this community - again this is most likely due to my own stupidity but it was not obvious to me that that was where the actual voting occurred until this morning when i happened to see the link to the snapshot page on the forum thread

1 Like

Do not mind adjusting the BIP process to new circumstances.
Was only a little but irritated because the BIP statutes, in this particular case moving from BIP to snapshot in terms of time-frames and number of approvals, were overruled without notice.

Next to the successful BIP approval there should be a fixed and defined time-frame for the depending snapshot vote and corresponding multisig / on-chain vote.
Ideally this timeframe is already defined within the BIP, like voting for 48hrs and snaphots vote 24hrs after approval of the BIP.

2 Likes

Quick question - if bDIGG can be used as collateral on other platforms, but if bDIGG does not rebase (as per Chris’ interview with Gabriel), then what is the base price of bDIGG, as is it set on the day of issue (as in the day you stake your DIGG) or something else? Am I missing something here - thanks.

1 Like

@tacocat thanks for posting! I agree widely posting the snapshot votes is a must. Ideally the snapshot vote is the final formal certification of ideas that have been discussed widely across the community as a whole.

Many stakeholders don’t participate in the forum and instead just use Discord- I imagine this is especially true for smaller or newer stakeholders. And that is ok! We don’t need 4,000+ people all contributing essay length governance posts. But we still want these people to feel involved, know what’s going on, and be able to vote!

1 Like