BIP 19: Reduce Initial DIGG Supply to 4,000

…then can you clarify the impact of this proposal for us using data and models for a few different market scenarios? Or can you at least advocate for the person who proposed it (and who it seems like you’re endorsing) to provide models of the impact of this? Without that information, no one really knows if the only impact is that early adopters just end up with less DIGG and the impact of 6250 and 4000 is meaningless in the long-run due to rebasing.

No one has provided substantive models of the impact of this change so it’s kind of unsettling that folks, including yourself, seem quite keen to endorse it despite this lack of evidence. It’s hilarious that you’re so incredulous about people raising some eyebrows on how this seems kind of like a shady proposal - we literally already voted on this and no one has provided compelling evidence other than their own personal sentiments. You’re advocating that we change it now on literally nothing but suspicion and your intuition about market outcomes. In what world is that ever an acceptable way to tell people to make decisions?

1 Like

Not at all. I’m advocating for change based on community feedback on previous polls and BIPS. It wasn’t cut and dry around the exact direction of the supply and that’s why A compromise is being proposed here.

Specific models are very hard to create because of all the unknown scenarios.

Regardless models or not. My view is give DIGG the ability to expand to 6250 and well beyond which gives early participants more upside since they’ll have a piece of a bigger pie

2 Likes

I’ve been ignoring anyone that screams ‘wen digg’

The real question should be ‘are we ready with Digg vaults if Digg is released now?’

I believe that many here are interested in this project mid/long term and are probably a great source of reasonable disscussion. Those that are loudest, likely won’t be around for long and never intended to be in the first place.

My opinion is that we should consider delaying Digg until the new UI is released and the Setts are 100% ready. Show the airdrop on the dashboard but have it remain unclaimable, that will shut most people up.

3 Likes

New UI first

Digg launch along with airdrop and 3 vaults is what I think

5 Likes

I like that order of business.
Any ideas on timeline for lending/borrowing products?
Just something to look forward to. Excited for that part of the DAO.

1 Like

I would love to see Badger Dollars (rough name) live before end of month but I’m usually a bit ahead of myself when it comes to timelines lol

2 Likes

It’s obvious that majority of the community sentiment wants Digg to launch. Will BIP-19 move to snapshot or this is just for discussion? might as well move this to General Discussion?

Ofcourse not we need to further clarify with the community exactly what they want and the parameters.

this is a repeat vote already…

1 Like

Oooh, $BADGER dollars hahaha.
at least I know it’s in the works - thanks!

Yea, I think Lending/borrowing will be a huge revenue source for us :smiley:

2 Likes

Specific models are very hard to create because of all the unknown scenarios.

I literally do this kind of thing for a living. Not for crypto markets, but for other kinds of risk analytics applications. It’s not particularly difficult. A model is just a simplified version of a reality, it’s not like a “specific” model needs to capture every single outcome. You can pick outcomes and model their impact in a vacuum. That would at least give people something to base their decision off of. Rather than some guy waving his hands at it and saying “ohhh it’s very difficult to do, just trust me :wink:

If I were to put something together to model a few scenarios, how can I best socialize that? It would be really helpful for people making this decision and do a hell of a lot more than you telling people to blindly trust your intuition because you think modeling some specific scenarios is very difficult.

2 Likes

wen snapshot? つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

2 Likes

Feel free to put them together and share here on the forum and discord

2 Likes

One argument I am seeing consistently in this forum is “we need evidence and models” vs. “the community has been having this discussion extensively.” As someone that has read every post in every forum, I can say that if you have concerns, please read through the evidence before making overarching claims against the team. They have been very considerate to work on the project constantly, as well as be a part of the community in these forums to the best of their abilities. I assure you, there is plenty of evidence in the forums, as well as on the discord. It may not be scenarios and charts, but YOU can contribute to the community by creating those charts yourself, demonstrating scenarios. In fact, some of our members already have in the discord. Just trying to keep this cordial and respectful, with all of our concerns in mind.

3 Likes

Yes please. Models would be fantastic. They don’t have to be perfect, but just something as a starting point so that we can start to visualize things. Numbers can always be tweaked and are not set in stone.

1 Like

DIGG has been delayed for a long

1 Like

looks like i have a solid amount of haters. the team ghosted my questions in the forum about the cover hack for days so i said look this is a lot, i’m ready to call it a day, my wife misses me and these people don’t care about me.

y’all got mad at me for wanting to leave. i’ve been nothing but supportive of this project since day one and even defending the team’s point of view against other community members. it’s clear we’re talking past each other and i don’t feel welcome here. say the word and my liquidity will be pulled

hello, what did i miss /popcorn

1 Like

Snap has been created and oddly not posted here.

2 Likes

ooo, cool what is this…real votes!

1 Like

Shouldn’t a BIP be open for discussion at least for five days according to the BIP statutes?

A short summary by trying to understand the governance process and BIP dependencies:

BIP19: Yes 71% / No 29% --> Promoted to snapshot after one day instead of one week? Timeline for multisig / onchain vote?
BIP 14: Yes 98% / No 2% --> Snapshot is already done and accepted -> No information or timeline about multisg/ onchain vote? Will the digg related snapshot votes be merged to a single onchain vote?
BIP 8: Yes 95% / No 5% -->Got overridden by BIP 14, even if the poll results were very clear?

As well I am wondering about the purpose of forum and snaphot polls with such clear results (>90 %) when suddenly new BIP pop-up, based on some vague references to discussions. Would be great to have some links/references/evidences about these recent discussions, when a new BIP is created.

Things discussed in Discord, but not in some kind of a published release roadmap:

• UI V2 is the prerequisite to release digg
  • There will be a timeframe to stake badger using the UI V2 for new users.

Why is it so difficult to communicate a comprehensive and transparent roadmap of the digg release including the dependencies to technical and items discussed via the DAO?

From my understanding information symmetry is one key aspect of successful DAOs

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing.vote done

1 Like