Category: Sett Vault - All staking products with $Badger rewards
Scope: Option to Auto-Invest 100% of $Badger staking rewards
Status: Closed: See (BIP 24 - BADGER BOOST (Multiplier Replacement))
- Explain the rationale behind the proposal
- Gather opinions regarding the technical implementation
- Seek approval and consensus on the proposal
Provide users an option to auto stake the to be claimed (50%) $BADGER Rewards from the products in the Sett vault so that a user can automatically re-invest 100% of the rewards
The proposal has been pre-discussed in the general discussion part of the Forum, with 88% voting in favor of 100% reinvest, 73% in favor of the optionality and 15% wanted 100% re-invest as a standard. That’s why this proposal takes this poll forward into a approval on on the option to re-invest 100%.
**When staking in a product in the Sett Vault, 50% of the $badger rewards is automatically re-invested into the sett. If a user also wants to stake the other 50% of the rewards back into a sett, a user must now claim and stake the $badger into the set. These two actions need to be done manual, and because of the gas costs involved (and those are quite high for the small bag holders) it is not attractive to claim and re-stake the rewards. This proposal asks for an option to the user, to automatically claim and stake 100% of the $badger rewards back into the involved Sett.
By providing the user an optional tick box next to/inside the “claim your rewards” button which provides the user the option to re-invest 100% of the rewards (auto claim+stake).
Users that do not want to autostake the other 50% are not impacted and the users that do want this strategy have an additional strategy at hand.
1. Option to automate claim and auto-stake
Claim and auto-stake 100% of their rewards from a staking into a given Sett in the vault.
- Voting for and against to proceed with implementation
- Dev team can provide details on the technical implementation and UX by creating a proposal and UX wireframe
- If the proposal is in line with the requirements from this BIP, implementation can golive