Scope: Week 2 Emissions Voting
With week 1 Badger emissions coming to an end tomorrow December 10th at 1pm EST, we need to decide if the emissions should change for week 2. Leading up to launch the community decided to evenly divide the 4,830,000 $BADGER allocated for liquidity mining (23% of total supply) across 8 weeks. The intention was to re-evaluate weekly and for the community to decide if there should be a change.
My proposal is to keep emissions the same as week 1 but add a 30% boost on day 1 compared to the other 6 days.
Week 1 emissions were as follows;
Total $BADGER 603,750
- renbtcCRV — 85,937 $BADGER
- sbtcCRV — 85,937 $BADGER
- tbtcCRV — 85,937 $BADGER
- Badger — 110,000 $BADGER
- Badger <>wBTC Uniswap LP — 150,000 $BADGER
- Harvest renbtc CRV —85,937 $BADGER
We currently see the total value locked and users participating in our setts product increasing everyday. We also have very attractive APY’s in compared to other BTC yield solutions on the market which ensures those deposited stick around and new value is attracted.
This is critical for Badger in the early stages. We need to prove we have a product users can trust and attractive returns.
For that reason I believe we maintain the same emissions as week 1.
I also think a boost on the 1st day is a great way to get additional users and TVL to deposit into the system. It further increases our APY’s while having little effect on emissions expenditure.
As an example from below on renbtcCRV LP Sett. Without boost it’s 12,276.7143/day vs 11,662.8786/day which at current price of $7.54, there is a $4628.32 difference in total daily distribution for this vault.
I propose for week 2 emissions;
Total $BADGER 603,750
- renbtcCRV — 85,937 $BADGER = 15,959.7286 day 1 and days 2-7 11,662.8786/day
- sbtcCRV — 85,937 $BADGER = 15,959.7286 day 1 and days 2-7 11,662.8786/day
- tbtcCRV — 85,937 $BADGER = 15,959.7286 day 1 and days 2-7 11,662.8786/day
- Badger — 110,000 $BADGER = 20,428.5714 day 1 and days 2-7 14,928.5714/day
- Badger <>wBTC Uniswap LP — 150,000 $BADGER = = 27,857.1428 day 1 and days 2-7 20,357.1429/day
- Harvest renbtc CRV —85,937 $BADGER = 15,959.7286 day 1 and days 2-7 11,662.8786/day
If you are in support of this proposal to add a 30% boost day 1 and maintain the emission schedule vote “Yes”; if you don’t want to include a boost, vote “No.”
All voting will end by 11am EST December 10th to give the operations team enough time to implement for week 2.