Pooltogether Badger Pool Proposal

Hey fellow Badgers!

I have created a Badger pool on Pooltogether(currently this pool has no prize as we need Badger added as a yield source or a donation to the prize pot). Having a Badger Pool makes for a fun way to use you Badger in a “no loss” lottery and I can convince POOL governance to vote to have the Badger Pool added as a governance run pool which would mean you can earn POOL by depositing Badger into the Badger pool! Not only would it be great to earn free POOL tokens on your Badger but it is also great advertising for Badger and helps support another great community run project in Pooltogether. The Pooltogether community is eager to add more governance run pools.

I would like to propose that:

1. Badger Treasury contribute 250 Badger per week for 12 weeks totalling 3000 Badger from treasury to the Badger pool I’ve created on Pooltogether.
      Link to the Badger pool on pooltogether:
      PoolTogether App
  • 2.Developers integrate Badger as a yield source on Pooltogether so that the pool starts generating its own prize from the yield earned on deposited Badger.

If anyone is unsure what Pooltogether is:
It is a “no-loss” lottery where users can deposit funds and then those funds are deposited elsewhere to generate interest. The interest earned is the weekly prize and users can withdraw there funds whenever they’d like. Note: There is an early exit fee to take away the benefit of depositing right before the draw and exiting right after. It is usually a small fee of 1 or 2% that decays over a selected time period.

3 Likes

i think this is a great idea, the only question i would have is how you came up with the numbers as far what the Badger Treasury would contribute. not saying its unrealistic or anything haha just curious how you arrived at 250 badger per week for 12 weeks

2 Likes

Honestly just a random starting point up for discussion…lol
I figure maybe after 12 weeks Badger will be added as a yield source and no longer rely on the donation. I would be happy with any amount donated from treasury to the prize pot.

1 Like

I support this. We need to create as many uses for badger as we can as long as they make sense and also build connections with other ecosystems; and this proposal is one way. But i do have one question what economic benefit does this bring the DAO after investing 3000 badger? Also you should put a poll as that is the only way of the proposal making it to snapshot.

2 Likes

Thanks, the poll is a really good suggestion. The benefit is both in advertising and giving Badger holders another place to lock of for yield. It won’t directly feed the DAO but is beneficial to Badgers nonetheless.
Would definitely be interested in other ideas on how Badger and Pooltogether can mutually benefit each other.

1 Like

Awesome. But what yield? I didn’t see that in the proposal. You need to put figures.

1 Like

We won’t know how many POOL are allocated to the Badger pool until it is decided by Pooltogether governance. Currently the community is discussing lowering drip rates on current pools so at this time I can’t provide specific numbers. If I was to guess there could potentially be 200 POOL per day split between those deposited in the Badger pool but that is just speculation and would have to be agreed upon by the Pooltogether community.

Edit: Current rate on UNI and COMP pools is 255 per day but that could be lowered a bit soon.

1 Like

what about including in the bip a certain percentage of the weekly pool prize (i dont know what percentage i guess it would depend on the yield) to be returned to the badger treasury for the investment

1 Like

Why badger and not bBADGER?

1 Like

Because if it’s deposited as bBadger there is no yield source to feed the prize. The idea would be Badger deposited to Pool then Pooltogether deposits on badger app and the interest earned ends up being the prize.

1 Like

@tacocat that makes sense, may be until atleast the cost is covered or something.

@TheRealTuna I know very little about pooltogether. I have many questions, so I’ll have to check them out .

2 Likes

no loss lottery plus great APR, good call

I like it, simple and easy to understand