How to get more Value for the Badger Investors and Stakers

Since I am not allowed to Post without approval in the BIP Thread I am posting my proposal here

I am HaiNakamoto.eth and have invested 40’000 USD into Badger and I am disappointed as a longterm investor to see how my money gets lost and people that are not staying for longterm are “stealing” my money and also money of the Badger DAO.

As a HODLer or Badger I joined Badger DAO for two reasons.

1. I am a Bitcoin Enthusiast
2. I am a Ethereum Enthusiast.

In Badger I see those two things coming together in 2 different products

Product A is the BadgerDAO. As a BadgerDao Investor I am highly interested to see Badger DAO becoming a success. I see that the TVL is growing as reaching 400 Million USD soon.
Product B is the DIGG Token: The elastic Cryptocurrency that is pegged to the value of Bitcoin.

Product A is a solution to help make Bitcoin “Smart”. People can use any kind of Tokenised Bitcoin and use it like an ERC20 Token.

Product B is actually a ER20 Token based on a elastic ER20 token in the idea of Ampleforth or Baseprotocol.

I think the major Goal for Badger DAO is to help people to create value for Cryptocommunity.

Bitcoin is currently sitting on a Stash of 500 Billion USD while only 13-14 Billion USD of Ethereum is locked up in DeFi.
Only 140 k BTC is locked for Smart Contract use.

Tether a centralised Company has more then 13 Billion USD locked
Celsius a centralised Company has more then 3 Billion USD locked up
Greyscale a centralised Company has more then 15 Billion USD locked up.

Personally I think the best solution for DeFi are following products:

1. Maker, Aave, Compound because it gives you access to Loans
2. Uniswap, Sushiswap, 1inch because it gives you access to Exchange and AMM.
3. Harvest.Finance, Curve.Finance, Sushiswap.finance, Yearn.Finance because it helps you to earn yield on your Cryptocurrency

Badger Dao doesnt give loans nor does it do Exchange. The Main goal of Badger DAO is to help you earn yield on your Bitcoin.
Currently how Badger solves it is by using Sett Vault and Super Sett Vaults.

The Highest Yield Harvest.Finance is giving to the people that invest FARM and that stake it in the Profit Sharing Vault.

Here is the narrative of Harvest.Finance:

What is FARM?
FARM is a cashflow token for Harvest, one of the largest autonomous hedge funds.

What are the token economics for FARM?
• Farm holders receive cashflows from revenues on AUM, currently set to 30% profit sharing
• Circulating supply at launch: 0
• FARM has a current circulating supply of 413,408.392
• FARM has a total supply over 4 years of 690,420
• 14,850 FARM has been burned in week 3
• 5,846.9 FARM has been burned in week 4
• Harvest was completely bootstrapped, with no VCs and no premine

What was the reason for launching Harvest?
• We were looking for a convenient way to farm the latest projects that were producing different reward tokens. The process was highly manual and inconvenient for people that had a normal job and didn’t want to keep up with DeFi 24/7.
• Gas prices have been really high, and it was expensive to farm by ourselves, so we pooled our funds together to try to save on gas. We decided to build the solution that we were looking for ourselves, and hopefully will help many others.

What is the road map for Harvest?
• Yield farming is not going away, and gas prices are not getting lower. Our goal is to simply provide an easy way for people to benefit, and make your hard work much easier, while looking for safe projects to add to the farming repertoire.
• We plan to add more assets over time. DAO funds can be used to add useful integrations, provide bug bounties and pay for security audits, and even fund projects to build on top of Harvest and add value to FARM holders.

How does the Profit Share work? Where does the 30% come from?
The Harvest Cooperative is comprised of humble farmers pooling resources together in order to earn profits and become the largest industrialized farming co-op in the world. When farmers deposit, Harvest automatically farms the highest yield with these deposits. 70% of these profits are distributed back to the depositors. The other 30% of profits are used to market buy FARM tokens en masse. These FARM tokens are then distributed proportionally to the Harvest Cooperative who stakes FARM tokens in the profit share pool. This aligns long term incentives with our FARM holders.
In addition, the Profit Share pool also receives weekly FARM emissions from the total supply of 690,420. The breakdown of emissions can be found in the weekly Medium updates from the team.

Aus https://harvest.finance/faq

How should the narrative of Badger DAO look like?

What is BADGER?

BADGER is a cashflow token for Badger DAO, one of the largest autonomous hedge funds.

What are the token economics for BADGER?
• Badger holders receive cashflows from revenues on AUM, currently set to 30% profit sharing
• Circulating supply at launch: 0
• BADGER has a current circulating supply of (I don’t know the exact number))
• BADGER has a total supply over 21 Million Tokens the same like Bitcoin
• Badger was completely bootstrapped, with no VCs and no premine
• BadgerDAO is a the best DAO to help you earn yield on your Bitcoin

What was the reason for launching Badger DAO?
• We were looking for a convenient way to farm the latest projects that were producing different reward tokens. The process was highly manual and inconvenient for people that had a normal job and didn’t want to keep up with DeFi 24/7.
• Gas prices have been really high, and it was expensive to farm by ourselves, so we pooled our funds together to try to save on gas. We decided to build the solution that we were looking for ourselves, and hopefully will help many others.

What is the road map for Badger DAO?
• Yield farming is not going away, and gas prices are not getting lower. Our goal is to simply provide an easy way for people to benefit, and make your hard work much easier, while looking for safe projects to add to the farming repertoire.
• We plan to add more assets over time. DAO funds can be used to add useful integrations, provide bug bounties and pay for security audits, and even fund projects to build on top of BADGER and add value to BADGER holders.

How does the Profit Share work? Where does the 30% come from?
The BADGER Cooperative is comprised of humble farmers pooling resources together in order to earn profits and become the largest industrialized farming co-op in the world. When farmers deposit, Badger automatically farms the highest yield with these deposits. 70% of these profits are distributed back to the depositors. The other 30% of profits are used to market buy BADGER tokens en masse. These BADGER tokens are then distributed proportionally to the BADGER Cooperative who stakes BADGER tokens in the profit share pool. This aligns long term incentives with our BADGER holders.
In addition, the Profit Share pool also receives weekly BADGER emissions from the total supply of 21 Million. The breakdown of emissions can be found in the weekly Medium updates from the team.
My Proposal for BIP 13:

A) 70% of the Profit should go to Depositors of the BTC Strategy. 30% of the Profit are used to buyback BADGER Tokens from the Exchanges and rewards to the BADGER Staker.

Profitsharing 70% for Depositor/30% for Badger Staker
  • yes for Profitsharing
  • no for Profitsharing

0 voters

B) Badger Staker should have their money on Auto-Compound, to save money on GAS fees. The reason I join the DAO is to save money on GAS fee.

Autocompound to save fees for Stakers
  • yes autocompound we need it
  • no I want to pay fees

0 voters

C) Most people dont understand how elastic Coin work. I suggest that we should get the smallest possicle Marketcap for DIGG. So early investors suffer less from negative rebase.

Lowest possible Marketcap for DIGG
  • 1562.5 (31 Million Marketcap) higher chance to go up in value
  • 6250 (130 Million Marketcap) higher chance to go down in value

0 voters

D) 1/3 should of the farmed BADGER are withdrawal instant 2/3 of the BADGER should be locked up for 6 months the same way SUSHI Tokens are to create more stickiness.

Stickness for BADGER 1/3 of the BADGER are instant withdrawal and 2/3 are put into Auto-Compound Staking in the Badger Stake
  • yes create more stickiness and value for BADGER HODLER
  • no I want my money and invest it in other projects.

0 voters

E) BADGER DAO needs to have weekly AMA and Updates of the progresses of BADGER the same way like Alex Mashinsky and Celsius.

Weekly AMA and Updates from Badger DAO, I want to know what is happening with my money
  • yes, definetly good communication is essential for building up trust
  • no, I dont need weekly updates.

0 voters

The reason why Celsius has managed to attract 3,3 Billion AUM was because of the clear and transparent communication. I currently like Chris Spadafora aka SpadaBoom he some video two amazing videos, which has helped to gain alot of trust. I would enjoy to have each Thursday a WRAP up of the week for Badger DAO and the progresses that were made. If Chris Spadafora is just too busy, then he should ask for help from the Community, I and probably many more are willing to help him to build an amazing Community. I am willing to make weekly updates on Badger DAO in german for the the DACH(German Speaking) Community and also for the European Community in English.

We also will need someone to be responsible for the Chinese Community, Russian Community, Australian Community, Spanish Community, Korean Community, Japanese Community, French Community, Dutch Community and the African Community (I am well connected with Kenya, Ghana Cryptocurrency Community)

The Main Purpose of the Badger DAO Community Manager by Region is to translate and educate people in the different language region. The best is by making Youtube Videos and writing Content preferable on Medium or via Substack.

It took Bitcoin more then 8 years to build the Bitcoin community and currently Badger DAO is trying to build all that in 8 weeks.

4 Likes

This was originally rejected as a BIP because it does not fit the guidelines set forth by governance. Please do not attempt to post BIPs in other parts of the forum.

1 Like

Agreed, but the votes so far, are pretty telling. There is some valuable data in that.

1 Like

The votes are all structured with leading answers and don’t tell the whole story and there are too many things together here to discuss each one independently. There may be some good ideas here, but it’s all too mixed together.

1 Like

Hai,

I’m also a fellow Harvest Chad. Some of your ideas may make a lot of sense for badger at some point, but not right now.

The goal for badger is to bring bitcoin solidly to DeFi, and to support and incubate a DeFi ecosystem around bitcoin. Our bitcoin focus i s what makes us different from other yield farming protocols.

In terms of your votes:

A) We are currently in an initial emissions phase so bbadger already has a high APY without taking a percentage for profit sharing. I agree that we should think about reducing badger emissions a LOT soon and following a more Harvest like emissions schedule with profit sharing + high emissions on lp pools, but we need to get digg released first, and this is a whole discussion/vote that people don’t seem ready to talk about yet.

B). The money that you claim goes through a geyser that provides a multipler that goes from 1-3x over 8 weeks. These are parameters that can be tuned. the purpose of this multipler is to reward people for staying in for a long time. Gas is saved by emitting all rewards across the protocol into a single pool, so unlike harvest you only have to claim once to get all your bagder from all your investments. Farm has no lock-in, which is a problem in my opinion. the bbadger set has 50% autocompounding and 50% exposure to the geyser through earnings. I think this is a good solution. There is a Developer Mining program for developing new strategies. Someone could develop a bbadger autocompound superset that took bbadger, staked it, and autocompounded it and just shared whatever the APY was in the pool. This way long term holders could still self stake and get a higher multiplier or put in the set-and-forget superset.

C) I’m still learning how elastic coins work, but there are a lot of people with a lot of understanding of that here, and that is already being discussed in other BIPs.

D) The lockin effect is better achieved through the Geyser that provides a bonus for sticking around in my opinion, we should focus on better communicating that and maybe even increasing multipler and lengthening the time period at some point. The 2/3 thing just creates a hughe dump event in 6 in months.

E) I think badger is doing pretty good on communication right now, and i think has just released their first newsletter.

6 Likes

Whole Bitcoin market and Ethereum goes up. Why does Badger goes down?
Delay of DIGG. We have no medium update since launch. Communication needs improvement and also how people can support Badger for people that are not developer.

We need Educator, Content creator, translater and community manager in different languages

7 Likes

The need for more marketing/communicaiton to the outside world I very much agree with, but it will come. Badger doesn’t need to moon right now. We need to get the platform sorted out, it’s good if it’s cheap so people can buy in. Once everything is up and running we can go on our rocket ride.

2 Likes

I am a quality enthusiast.

I like the badger attitude of Hai. On the other side it is exactly what has somehow created the crypto space, isn’t it?

How to see Greed in the eye? How to steer it?

How to “play the field”? Doing things in a different way than others or maybe doing a different thing?

According to Pareto, probably 80% of projects won’t make it over the long haul and I feel seem to exist solely on a base of hype and shill by numbers or say smoke and mirrors. “Go, go, go, go!”, 10xing and then dying out quick, repeating the same old bad habits. I’d love to be part of the other 20% that maybe follow a harder but steadier way.

The more “organic” the growth, the more sustainable. According to Universal Law.

I don’t like leading questions or answers at all, I have to admit.

Vires in numeris/veritas

lack of communication is bothering me too