General Framework for Badger Boost

Badger DAO es ian wonderful project.

We want to bring in more BTC to increase our TVL and thus profits for the DAO so it makes sense to boost those assets. However you will still benefit as a native staker since users will need to buy more badger to increase their boost thereby raising the value of badger.

1 Like

It’s always been something we intend to do once most of the core products are up and running.

but zero “other assets” means zero boost, right? So, could we clearly define the scope of “other assets”?

I believe it means all the other setts, except bDIGG and bBADGER.

That would supress the jersey nft value on the second market, and people that paid $2000 before knowing the benefits are true supporters and shouldn’t be shot in the foot like that.

As long as there is a base % boost, there will be value on the secondary market.
incentivizing long term holders shouldn’t hurt the value of an NFT by much in my opinion. As long as its reasonable to attain the max APY boost, people will want to buy the NFT.

I see these NFT’s will be in demand for the big whales anyway or those with longer time horizons. Having to wait (say 6 months) to get the max boost isn’t a huge deterrent for them.

I mean even with a base boost of 5%, some of the whales would recoup the outlay pretty quickly with the addition boost.

Can anyone see these NFT’s being used as a way for someone to offer a higher APY service. ie. come deposit you’re stuff with me, and i’ll offer an additional 2% on top of the base APY. The wallet can then be a holder for deposits for multiple people to earn the boost. While the owner takes a slice off the top :slight_smile:

I’ve not idea how that would be implemented but there’s plenty of ways to profit from these NFT’s without selling it and create value. Just got to use your imagination.

1 Like

Here is my proposal. Divide the NFT’s into 4 levels based on rarity. Each level gives a different amount of boost based on the rarity. In the case of the jersey’s I factored in cost as well. The boosts are stackable up to a max increase of 100% of your badger balance. A wallet that holds one NFT from each group gets a special max bonus of 150% for being a such a hardcore badger. Holding multiple of the same NFT would not stack. Every two weeks one NFT would be randomly selected to give 2x its normal boost.

LEVEL 4 5% boost

Mt. Gox 500 supply
Hodl 500 supply

Level 3. 10% boost

Wack-A-Badger 200 supply
Pizza 100 supply
Silkroad 100 supply

Level 2 20% boost

Jersey. 210 supply
Badger Effect 52 supply
BadgerPack Joyride 50 supply

Level 1 25% boost

Cyborg BadgerDAO 12 supply
White Paper 10 supply
Satoshi 10 supply
Battle Badger 10 supply
Badger King 7 supply

Copy and paste your reply with different numbers or changes you would like.

2 Likes

It would specifically favor whales. I imagine that smaller investors bought the NFT to sell to whales, who benefit the most from increased APY.

I encourage those giving recommendations to try modeling out your suggestions on excel (or your data analysis tool of choice) using real data from our website and testing your boost theories. This is a fantastic opportunity for you economists or game theorists to put on your gamification hats and contribute to the model by demonstrating your modeling prowess. The intention is to continue to engage with the community as we structure/test our own hypotheses across our suite of products.

For example, @Mr_Po was rewarded grants and later joined the team after contributing significantly to emissions modeling. I think I can speak for the team when I say that meaningful contributions here (including analysis and pressure testing your ideas and not just 2 liner ideas) would be eligible for a grant. :wink:

2 Likes

I like this idea, but I also think we need to take into account what gaining the NFT cost the user/did for badger.

So for example:

Round 1: People unstaked from geysers, lost multipliers when APY was still quite juicy and this was significant.
Round 2: For someone whol HODLd digg, this cost nothing, but HODLing digg was expensive and in support of the mission.

Jersey: People paid us $2000

Not sure what it took to get a 0xb1 nft, nor what it really brought to the dao so I can’t reflect on that more. Also have no idea how to set the boost %'s or how to really weight them, so maybe just throwing more chaos into an already chaotic conversation :slight_smile:

Other thoughts: Full sets should be worth more than the sum of their parts.
NFT’s could have other uses on yields, like allowing you to apply your boost to native apys without actually offering any boost themselves.

2 Likes

What about special NFT boosts for people holding non badger NFT’s.
consider it a way to bring more people into Badger. example, boost for Punk holders for a month. A way to bring more whales into the Badger ecosystem.

1 Like

I like your ideas. A full set of the genesis and the digg contest would definitely be hard to obtain and warrant some extra boost. Looking through the owners I see at least one wallet that has literally every badger NFT including the 0x_b1 contest ones. Even 0x_b1 doesn’t have them all I think.

I threw in the 0x_b1 ones just because they promote Badger but since they weren’t issued by Badger we could throw them out or perhaps use them occasionally as the bonus.

As for the weights I was just making stuff up off the top of my head. I would have to think about it more carefully to see what would be ideal. We need something that can help loyal shrimps and whales without one side getting too much of the rewards imo.

That’s a great idea! Lots of projects have their own NFT’s now and that could be a way to market ourselves to users that have assets we want in our setts. For example giving uni socks holders a big APY boost for bringing their wbtc to our vault for awhile. It would be short term but some might decide to stick around.

I don’t think it would supress the value on the secondary by having a variable it makes thing interesting both within badger and in the secondary market. The variable APY could give it a chance for the jersey NFT to be a higher boost than other non variable nfts with boost.

Badger Boost should have been implemented weeks ago, when the relevant BIP was approved. But better late than never: badger boost is an important utility for both bBadger and bDigg and needs to be implemented in a strategic way to strengthen the relationship with the community that has been loyal to the project.

In my opinion, the calculation should include some incentive for providing liquidity rather than just holding bBadger or bDigg. It should consider the bBadger and bDigg that you are using in other DeFi protocols. And perhaps should also reward time or longevity holding the assets (a small boost or incentive, similar to what an NFT could provide).

I also think that while it is a good idea to use NFTs as a “boost”, this should be done in a way that does not discourage loyal Badgers that don’t hold one, or provides an unfair advantage for those who do. I’d be very careful with that. An NFT should help to achieve maximum boost, but should not be required to get there.

So, as @DeFiFrog clearly says, we can do a model even when this thread is intended for community members to share their thoughts, recommendations, or ideas (not to present a model).

Of course a model can be done, but it would require information that at the moment we don’t have. For example, a good model would need to consider the current emission model without any boost (we don’t have the final version even when it was generally approved in previous BIPs). We would also need to have profile data with the current distribution of holdings between native and non-native balances, per tier (a tier can be defined relative to wallet sizes) so we could incorporate all the thoughts and variables discussed here and see what the impact would be to the community of Badgers. I remember from the BIP when the Badger Boost was proposed and approved, that it was mentioned that it would not be hard for smaller wallets to achieve maximum boost, relative to larger wallets. I’d love to see this hold true.

2 Likes

I am whoring with BSC because it feels less complicated to stake/unstake/re-stake my tokens.

Ideally I would be coming back to native staking solutions, but when?

I don’t know, hopefully when ETH 2.0 ships?

Also pretty dissapointed with my $DIGG LPs. Burned, should not have played with that fire. IP fucked me.

Thanks to the Badger team for always working towards their user base.

We watch.

I much prefer this rarity boost structure, rather than any “time held” boost structure that only applies to a select few of the NFTs, not to all. Rarity is an acceptable basis throughout the NFT world; time held isn’t…I also think the suggested boost levels here are good incentives.

So the one with the biggest badger/non-native assets ratio get the 3x boosts
how much gets the one with the 2nd biggest ratio?
How is the step down from 3 determined?

also any concrete info on how much the NFTs (and which) will increase the badger balance?

Also the native yield is little, badger emissions are decreasing, are there any other plans to keep the APYs competitive?

Based on this equation, it seems that the Badger Ratio increases as Badger balance increases, but DECREASES as the non-native staking balance increases. For example, suppose you have 10 Badger, worth approx. $250, and 5 ETH in your non-native staking balance, worth approx. $10,000. Your ratio would be 250/10,000, or 0.025. Now suppose you have 10 ETH, worth $20,000. Your ratio would be 250/20,000, or 0.0125. As your non-native balance increases, your Badger Ratio decreases! I think it would be much better if it was simply your Badger balance multiplied by your non-native balance. Then the total would increase as one or the other, or both, increase. Or am I misunderstanding?

1 Like