DIGG Launch Parameters

I agree that we IF we airdrop it should not be outside of the current BADGER ecosystem.

And if we do we should all be shouting this before DIGG launch

4 Likes
Who shld get airdrop/reward?
  • BadgerDAO users
  • External defi users plus BadgerDAO users

0 voters

2 Likes

digg ready? its 12th already

I really like the on point community the Badger has. From my side iā€™d suggest to reward the BadgerDAO ecosystem - all stakers of Setts equally as they are all OG. Otherwise it might be good to talk to Curve guys in regards to cooperation - listing of DIGG/renBTC/wBTC in change of some DIGG rewards for Curve ecosystem.

1 Like

Hi there,

I found out about badger when someone mentioned it on twitter in relation to ā€œairdropā€. Now Iā€™m in(vested) since 2 days and really like the idea BADGER and DIGG.

I would also support the following statements:

• we should not drop outside the ecosystem
  • UNI and SUSHI should be a must
  • Balancer would be nice too imo (maybe a renBTC/wBTC/sBTC/DIGG with 25% each)
  • Drop DIGG to all sett holders and stakers based on overall percentage user own but NOT dependent on which sett they currently are

Later on it would be nic to

• add balancer with DIGG/BAL in 2%/98%
  • work with COVER to make a big statement we are secure
4 Likes

thatā€™s a good summary !

i think there should be 2 different distributions

1. based on what you mentioned
  2. certain amount to all the active stakers at some point/points as people who received airdrop the last time and staked it would receive pennies in DIGG now so most would be going to the big players.
1 Like

:heart: this idea!
But what amount whould be choosen ? And from what part of the initially distribution should it be taken?

• 40% BadgerDAO treasury
  • 40% Farming Rewards
  • 5% Founding team
  • 15% Airdrop (including Early Contributor Program)

Just thinking out loud, but maybe reduce all allocations except for the founding team by 1 to 2% and aggregate them for this purpose?

A lot of great ideas, just adding my 2 sats here : please explain clearly to newcomers when DIGG is launched what is elastic supply and how to deal with it. Iā€™ve been in the AMPL community and that concept remains pretty mysterious to a lot of folks even now so the same questions arise every day.

1 Like

maybe we can just make sure there is a decent minimum amount on the drop so even small stakers get a good allocation.

8 Likes

People are going to really struggle. The YAM info graphics are great but we need digg related versions. Id go so far as to suggest a competition for videos explaining it.

2 Likes

Iā€™d just take it as a part of Airdrop allo and quantity up to the team. Just like @jonto is saying

Completely agree, those who sold their initial Badger airdrop should not be incentivized again with DIGG if they did not partake in the setts.

Taking the extra step to learn about BADGER and deciding to stake with the setts should be rewarded.

With DIGG being so scarce it would be nice to compensate those who took the time to learn about this project and participate further with the products offered.

4 Likes

Hey there,

Congrats on smooth launch so far !

Mentioning elastic projects, have you considered Based protocol ?

I mean, $BASED community is 3500 strong, they have deep understanding of elastic supply, so much that there is a compounding token already : $mbBASED.

$mbBASED is designed for deep culture interaction with partner projects : if you open a pool and/or launch ā€œRoverā€ smart contract , you can expect an avalanche of memes, NFTs and full community support for $BADGER during a full year.

Based Protocol was fair launched and keys are burned. Today the community is mainly composed of artists and techs, our values seems to be close to yours, I believe we should get closer.

Sushiswap, Snowswap, AMP, Gods Unchainedā€¦ More than 6 projects have already taken the initiative and joined Moonbase, it is a great opportunity to develop $BADGER with shared values and vision.

Here are couple of links to understand what $BASED / $mbBASED is all about.

based.fun
moon.based.money
rebase.radio

If you are looking to partner with elastic token that share $BADGE values, $BASED is way to go.

4 Likes

what qualifies as an ā€˜early contributorā€™?

also sounds rebases are complicated, are there any resources yā€™all could share more resources to learn on rebase?

1 Like

very familiar with BASED. would your suggestion then be to do a rover with DIGG? do they have any rovers that are also rebasing assets or would we need to lock it in a contract and do an erc20 representation? Definitely something we could put to the community to include or just use some of the DIGG treasury for if we think it will be good for the project. Also need someone sufficiently based to submit it. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I wonder what economic dynamics would play out if the 15% DIGG airdrop allocation was heavily weighted to the smaller addresses that claimed and staked their BADGER.

Since the larger holders would absorb most of the DIGG mined in the badger setts, I believe DIGG would be more evenly distributed across the community this way.

This could create interesting dynamics in the governance of Badger DAO, e.g., smaller addresses exchanging their DIGG to get more BADGER for greater influence in voting.

I believe there are plenty of badgers, especially smarter ones, that can come up with complimenting ideas to this distribution idea I propose.

Also any counterpoints are welcomed as I may be missing something and this distribution idea could be wishful thinking.

8 Likes

Complicated is a understatement :alien:

2 Likes

@jonto

I believe you are one of the smarter badgers as I have seen you referenced on various posts.

What do you think of this idea?

I donā€™t know if this has been tried before in other DAOā€™s.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you