DIGG Airdrop should be directly into the DIGG Sett

edit: altered title after further discussion to Digg Sett, instead of the staking contract. I’ll leave the rest of the content below unaltered.

Was just thinking about this.

If everyone’s DIGG is just airdropped as DIGG and people need to claim it via Hunt:

1. depending on amount they are dropped and gas price, they might not claim (not necessarily a bad thing if they don’t claim)

2. If they idea is to get them to stake they’ll need to pay the following gas just to stake and ppl won’t do it for a small amount since it won’t be worth it which will result in ppl just claiming and dumping Digg.

i) approve deposit contract to spend digg
ii) deposit digg
iii) approving staking contract to spend bDigg
iv) stake bDigg

On top of claiming, that’s 4 gas transactions small droppers will need to do.

It would be much slicker if rather than airdropping Digg, the drop is bDigg in the staking pool.

Now if people want to dump, they’ll need to do even more transactions.

1. unstake
  2. withdraw

It won’t be worth it, so they’ll just keep staking and earning.

Whales might unstake, withdraw and then pool digg-badger or digg-wbtc for pool2 rewards, but those doing that can afford the gas costs.

Just a thought that could be slick.

23 Likes

Not a terrible idea. It is right up there with 100% restake too. =)

4 Likes

Seems like a great idea to me!

3 Likes

I agree with that opinion

2 Likes

This is actually a good idea. Problem is how possible it’ll be for Devs to implement it.

2 Likes

A very good idea but too late I suppose to implement all that is few days, we should discussed this like a month ago and not just a couple days before the airdrop.

2 Likes

Yeah… but month ago the gas price was not that high, so there was no need to discuss such an option. Definitely a good idea.

3 Likes

Super suggestion, a solution with two options perhaps to generate added value for all OG badger holders. Options: 1. 100% restaking via vaults.
2. 75% Restaking and 25% Claim Badgers.
Every participant would understand that this is not about dumb and that long-term goals are being pursued.

4 Likes

Hello, please add pool. I don’t think that i want stake bdigg. I think i more want stake wbtc-digg.

1 Like

Not a bad idea, however some people might prefer to stake into a different DIGG sett (for example, provide liquidity) and in that case it would cost them more in gas fes. We need to consider that too.

For example, I’d love to receive also my Badger rewards already staked into the BADGER sett (same reasoning) but that is not currently possible and not sure everybody would like this.

But we could discuss further. I agree with your opinion that the DIGG airdrop might cost more to claim in gas fees, that the value of the airdrop for a lot of people.

3 Likes

That will be a great idea, this will help discourage dumping.

2 Likes

Good suggestion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe it gets deposited into the DIGG Sett, but not staked.

So now if people want to stake, just one tx to stake.

If people want to provide liquidity or do something else, then they withdraw from the Sett. Withdraw is effectively the exact same as Claiming from the Hunt page.

So by doing it this way, there’s no downside to people who would otherwise have to Claim, and there’s 1 less transaction for people who want to stake.

BIP this?

5 Likes

options are nice and all but it’s a coding nightmare. we need simplicity.

1 Like

proposed a well crafted BIP for this. waiting for approval.

1 Like

It would much better done with a locked in period, instead example 15 days similar to aave

1 Like

I’ve had a similar idea and this would be great if it’s technically possible! I think its very on brand for badger too since they’ve already innovated upon airdrops once before.

1 Like

I personally believe it should be automatically staked to save the community on more crazy gas fees!

2 Likes

Drop bDIGG direct in the staking pool

1 Like

@DeFiFrog who’s hob you gotta knob to have a bip approved for posting? Sucks to put in the content and lose it to the void as it waits approval. I should’ve known better and saved my content before submitting.

1 Like