BIP 29: Meme Competition for #WenDIGG

Don’t know. I guess the core team can do it. Or you make a small team of people happy to spend time to do it

But it’s probably better to increase the quantity of finalist (50 ?) and let the community decide. Because here, we don’t really have the choice.

And let’s be honest, even if it’s personal. Some entries were a lot better and more original. (and i’m not speaking about mine , don’t get me wrong ^^ ). And based on the actual result of the vote, a lot of people have the same feeling.

But let’s people vote, and see what they think. It was just another option.

1 Like

the core team does not have time to do things like this. the other issues is you may have issues finding enough people to go through 50 memes. As it were there were 5 team members who went through and ranked them all and this was the aggregate - so it was not just one person deciding. Perhaps we can start a new discussion on how to improve going forward ? you seem to be passionate about this so if you would like to help organize it i am happy to help as well

haha you know i like comm and marketing . So happy to help.

It’s just that i saw very cool entries, and i’m feeling sorry for those people who spend time to create something cool :upside_down_face:

But you know, i’m happy with the result of this vote. It was just a suggestion. And i know it’s difficult to judge with this number of entries

1 Like

I posted in the other BIP. Re-posting here:

The contest rules on the original proposal stated:

“The following week we will post the team’s selections here in the forum for ratification by the community after which we will post the top 10 to Snapshot.”

We should follow consensus and the contest as it was detailed out. This was a free contest and this thread is starting to show a lot of entitlement. While it’s nice to consider community, changing the parameters after the competition would go against the original rules. We should consider a community vote as input for future contests. Voted For.

These are all quite good. Are they the best? I don’t know, I didnt look thru all the 280+ ! I trust the team making those decisions have done the leg-work here. Ultimately, u cant please everyone. Probably everyone whose meme didnt make top 10 automatically votes against :smiley:

We have an ongoing conversation and a proposed amendment (which i agree with) here : BIP 30: #WenDIGG meme Competition Proposal+Content Idea - #7 by ThreesSo
The proposal is to allow 6 more entries for community members to vote on. Seeing as one community member’s entry was left off the qualifying list completely i think it is necessary

2 Likes

the admin should decide the winner. If it’s like this, there will be people who continue to protest 200 people will choose to disagree with the meme above because they have their own meme

3 Likes

agree with this. literally everybody who submitted a meme is gna whine if they aren’t in the top 10.

Also, can you post link to the full vid (pls watch with sound lol that’s like half the fun)

I agree. BIPs should be for protocol and platform improvements. We should be focusing on the product and generating long term return, wealth, and freedom for the users.

We recommend that the admin and the team choose if the committee vote then there will be a lot of fraud and it will cause new problems, even better. immediately select and end everything

This BIP did not pass. We believe the community wants to see a longer list of entries considering there were 287 submissions. We will push another BIP that will include Top 16.

Do take note GIFs and images are the only acceptable format that can be uploaded on forum. Any video entries must be converted first to GIF. In line with this, we would like to hear what is the community’s opinion about attaching a link for those video submissions. Will the badger community would only passively cast their votes without even seeing the video from its corresponding attached link? Or attach the link and the community will take their time watching it before casting their votes?

1 Like

Vote top 10 of all, then new vote on them. IMO

Are this really the top 10? I am sure I saw better content out there. I don’t like most of them, so no. Against.

I mean, as someone who made a video (with sound edits as well), if yall didn’t want video submissions u shlda made that clear

Definitely link the video. The gif is garbage in comparison.

Also strongly favor the badger team just choosing winners rather than this nonsense voting when ppl will just vote for themselves. literally everybody is gna end up unhappy if its decided by the community, because the many community members have vested interest/biases

We never saw it coming that the forum can only accept GIFs and images uploads. If we had known there will be a technical issue right from the start, we would have limited it to GIFs and images since this a meme contest anyway. Also, there’s a max limit per upload and that is 4mb.

Totally agree with this. Although, we are pushing this contest to be as decentralized as possible in the essence of true DAO. Rather letting the core team picking their winners and presenting it to the community just for ratification. In the end, community decides everything.

2 Likes

well, links must be provided to the videos, the gif is just garbage honestly. and put a strong recommendation that if ppl are going to vote, that they watch/ consume all the things properly

2 Likes

This is starting to add a ton of complexity into what should have been a fun and simple contest. As the price goes up, more people will be wanting their meme in list. I’m worried a BIP will never pass due to salt.

1 Like

The community seems to want a larger list of potential winners. I think the quick way to solve is to expand the list according to what was discussed in BIP29 and BIP30. That the team responsible for choosing the first 10 possible winners choose the remaining one quickly and that it be submitted to a final vote according to what the community decides!

Thank you very much to all the members of the community for actively participating in the voting and in the discussion and exchange of ideas to achieve the most fair competition while maintaining the spirit of decentralization!

Attach my link to my video to enter the competition :slight_smile:

Why can’t we just have community vote from the 287? At least as an elimination round for a second vote on 10? Seems the most fair, then everyone knows the whole community had a chance to vote on the meme they made.

1 Like

This BIP is the first of two votes for a vote for a wen $DIGG meme competetion when $DIGG has been out for over a week.

@amplice’s video is better than all the submissions combined. My vote is to give him all the $BADGER and in the future use this as a lesson that voting on every single little thing is inefficient and unnecessary. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes