BIP 27: DIGG Clawback

We need at least 28 days for the little guys

I voted 28 days. Help the little guy!

I am all for helping the little guy (I am one myself). And I do hope all little guys are able to claim their $DIGG on time.

However why do you think they need 28 days instead of 7 days from the date the clawback is announced?

People have been eagerly expecting $DIGG. Remember the constant wenDIGG questions in all social channels? Then the NFT contest, and a lot of buzz around $DIGG coming. A lot of this little guys are deeply involved in this project and excited about what is to come: those little guys add a lot of value (again, I am one of them). We want to help them and protect them as much as we can.

Remember that people that have $DIGG to claim, is because they have participated somehow in the app and therefore, have earned $BADGER. So they are entitled to their proportional share of $DIGG.

Those people should already know that $DIGG is finally released. The little guy should follow up on their investments and this means, if not checking back from time to time, at least be follow the telegram announcement channel or the discord announcements (even the twitter).

If they are not involved at least knowing what is going on (again: announcements) and just want their “free money” and go away, honestly I don’t think we should “protect” those people.

Still, I agree with you there needs to be enough time for everyone to have the opportunity to claim.

I remember that the original $BADGER airdrop was reduced after 2-3 days, and when that happened very few people were aware of that. Now a lot of people are aware and exciteed about this project, so 7 days from the date the clawback is announced, for me, is more than enough so everybody that wants their $DIGG can claim it in full.

BIP moved to snapshot: https://snapshot.page/#/badgerdao.eth/proposal/QmUeTvf8gdBijJTEgDmThQQqkM6vmYHRHbs88GCCyk5ykB

1 Like

Is the snapshot loading for anyone? I can’t seem to access it. Previous snapshots were fine.

I am having issues with the page loading also, it has been over an hour with it unable to load properly.

1 Like

Hey, I am one of those little guys, and your insight is exact. I would love it if I could grab the DIGGS that I have been so happy
to receive, even my small share of, if it made sense to remove, but with the gas prices what they are, it would cost me more than I would receive in DIGGS. My reason in writing though is to thank you for speaking up on our behalves, because quite often it is embarrassing to have to bring it up on your own and feel hinderance to progress for your investment. Had I known in early December that circumstance would be what they are I would have probably with regret not invested. I think the toughest part of the realization though is that for many of us that have only known Ethereum Blockchain as home, that have not yet become materially wealthy, is that we are now homeless, and need to find a new space to exist, because Ethereum is clearly trending towards a space for the Wealthy, Successful Traders, and as a Corporate store of value. Actively looking for a new chain, but miss my old one desperately.

1 Like