BIP 24 - BADGER BOOST (Multiplier Replacement)

I am sorry to ask and maybe this are dumb questions, but I really don’t understand some of the items described in the proposal and I wish someone can better explain to me. My doubts are as follows:

1. Proposal 1. Remove staking for native setts. Does this mean that the “native setts” will not require “staking” and they will receive compounded rewards just by having them deposited in the Badger app?

For non-native setts, I then understand that they will require staking (not only deposit) and they will keep reinvesting 50% of the rewards into the sett and the other 50% will be sent to the “whitelisted locations”.

1. Proposal 2 - What exactly will be the “extra step” for LPs? From proposal 1 I understood that rewards (if any) would be 100% reinvested (into the LP). Can you please explain?

2. Proposal 3 - Honestly I don’t have clarity regarding what do you mean by “whitelisted location”. Is it the users wallet? Or is it a smart contract where you can see your “Badger Balance” or “Digg Balance” rewards accrue? Will you need to “claim” them from the “whitelisted location” in order to withdraw them or use them otherwise, or will they just show in the app as part of your balance and you can use them? Please explain.

3. Proposal 4 - I guess the “badger balance” for snapshot votings will be in sync with the “whitelisted locations?”. Snapshots are supposed to consider your Badger balance for voting including those in the “whitelisted location” so I don’t understand exactly why this proposal is required or what am I missing?

4. Proposal 5 - I understand that instead of a multiplier (which supposedly we currently have but we have to take your word for it), this will be changed and the way it will work is that the higher your ratio of Badger and Digg as a % of your “non-native staked sett positions”, the higher your reward. This makes sense for me but I am not sure what will it mean for larger accounts that might not be able to afford to buy the “entire circulating supply of Badger” to get a good boost.

3 Likes