BIP 18: Option to Auto-Invest 100% of $Badger staking rewards

I’d like to emphasize the requirements from the About the BIP | Badger Improvement Proposals category.

BIP 18 does not fulfill the full details required of a BIP as it does not include the business or technical requirements of the implementation of the proposal. (e.g. Business = benefits, costs, risks; Technical = scoping, effort, estimate time, technical risk). For that reason, we are not pushing this to snapshot at this time. However, we hear everyone and think this is a good feature for our smaller portfolios and for many of our users. In all transparency, as I mentioned above, we are currently focused on DIGG and designing future products but will see if one of our devs can scope this out in the near future. @gismar has said that he is personally interested in this feature and will look to allocate some time towards a feasibility study, but he also agrees that his time must be prioritized towards DIGG right now.

If none of the above sounds “soon” enough for you, please look into scoping out the requirements as a community yourself or with another developer you know that might like to contribute to furthering Badger. If someone were to scope this out and recreate the BIP with the relevant details under “Implementation”, and if it were to reach threshold, we can vote on it to snapshot and formally add it to the backlog. Until then, please be patient.

Reiterating my point above^.

For the sake of focusing your discussions on this topic, I will leave this thread open and pending.

2 Likes