Scope: Managing the revenue generated by Badger products
- Provide additional incentives to hold BADGER
This proposal’s goal is to use the revenue generated from the DAO to initiate buybacks of BADGER. These buybacks will likely increase the speculative value of BADGER, further adding incentive to keep “skin in the game” for a longer time and increase the dollar value of the treasury’s holdings.
Three weeks into launch, the DAO has proven itself as a revenue generating machine. So far it has generated ~$350k and it will generate a lot more. At the time of this writing, the TVL is $400mm+ and at this size, if the funds were to be withdrawn it would generate $2mm+ in revenue. If we take this revenue and buy back the BADGER token, the following will likely happen:
- The value of BADGER will increase as speculators will see a more direct correlation between TVL / revenue and the BADGER token.
- Further alignment of this will recruit community members who would like to contribute (e.g. funds) but need non-treasury compensation to make it worthwhile
- The BADGER held by the treasury (7.35 million) will increase in dollar value greater than the revenue generated
- LPs/farmers (especially for non-badger setts) will be further incentivized to not sell as many BADGER.
- This further aligns the important LPs/farmers with the future success of the project
If you are in support of this proposal vote “For”; if you don’t support this proposal vote “Against.”
If minimum threshold of 40 votes is met with positive sentiment then we will proceed with an official Snapshot vote.