BIP 31: Revenue Management Part II

I believe what he meant was that PCV would be discussed and voted on in a separate future post and snapshot. As for the numbers, it’s what the community decided. I was actually surprised it went different than what the team wanted since usually votes align with what they propose. I wanted different parameters, but the community has spoken.

I appreciate your comments and glad to explain. PCV will be presented in a further BIP and is not being voted on in this snapshot.

Thanks for your comment Devin. I did a poor job of framing the question surrounding one time diversification which I think created some confusion. BIP23, like you mentioned, voted on most of this stuff overwhelmingly, if the 50/50 vote wasn’t reinforcing that earlier BIP I certainly would have waited to push this through.

To anyone who want’s to check things out, the numbers as we’ll be executing are plugged into the sheet linked in the original post. Please let me know if there are any questions at all, want to be as clear and straightforward as possible

1 Like

Reason why I voted against and hope you did too, being congruent with what you also wanted.

I still think that the team should have defended their recommendation here. And the community that voted differently should have expressed their thoughts as well. That is why we have a discussion forum: to discuss the BIPs, consider all arguments and then move to snapshot with the consensus reached.

I am sorry that I always provide the same feedback. I do because I care deeply about Badger and I think that that is the way how governance should work: discuss the proposal with the community, reach a consensus (this can even include enhance the proposal considering the feedback), and then move to snapshot for the formal vote.

1 Like

I think BIP proposals should be mentioned in discord announcements and in telegram and twitter to get more people involved. Could we get whoever runs comms to do this? Is there an organizational breakdown of who is doing what?

Thanks, I am aware that was excluded from the snapshot. I was just surprised that this was moved to snapshot as is, without further discussions especially considering that a lot of people voted against the recommendations of the team. I think there was some confusion on the way some people voted.

Let’s implement this and if things needs to be changed in the future, there can be a future proposal to be voted.

Agree - @DeFiFrog could you consider @Devin proposal? Thanks.