BIP 14: Digg Distribution Overview

my $badger position is insured by yield-bearing-dai the hack cost me nothing

1 Like

how is this calculated if itā€™s greater than 100%?

eg. Iā€™ve earned 100 BADGER and staked it all, but Iā€™ve also bought 500 BADGER and also staked that.

Does my 600 / 100 ratio mean muchos digg?

Did point is very important to keep in mind ! Itā€™s only 15% of the total !

So itā€™s a nice way to reward all users. But as @bajja said whales are also important. But they will receive their part thanks to the liquidity mining. (40% of supply).

5 Likes

Great community support~!

2 Likes

This is exciting! how about the support for badger in shield mining will that be counted for earned rewards? but anyways, im thankful you guys are doing this, no matter what the math behind this. lolā€¦ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Yeah this is the hardest part to explain succinctly. We are merely capping the the multiple received beyond a linear distribution. So what would you have received in a pure linear distribution (A) vs the 1.75 root (B)?

The cap is on the A/B ratio. The motivation was because there were so many small earners they ended up getting a lot or rewards (like $1,000 in DIGG for earning 5 badger) which was a much higher multiple than the middle of the distribution.

Hope that answers the question, happy to clarify further if not.

2 Likes

We are only using that as a hurdle, so as long as your ratio is above X youre included in that portion of the distribution which is still done with the same logic as the main portion. No real benefit to having a super high ratio

1 Like

Some of those whales are people who received thousands of Badger tokens on the first airdrop, you can check it on etherscan, its not that they are risking something, they are ā€œriskingā€ something that was free for them. You might have a few whales that bought and put some money into the project, but what you are saying its like the project its only about a 15% airdrop and thats it. Whales can farm later and receive rewards, as they are farming now and getting lots of badgers.
I think the root its ok so its more equal to all of us, big whales or small fishes, it will be better for a less volatile market once Digg comes out, instead of having some players with the higher percentage of the token.

1 Like

I think your definition of whale is quite off. First airdrop max people might have received is 2,000 Badger, so like $10,000 - $20,000. Some whales are staking millions.

Just to touch on the MEME point.

There IS being something being done here to included MEME participants in the drop.

That being said, I donā€™t think itā€™s a thing that HAS to be done, and in generalthere should not be a practice in the future of these types of retroactive compensation. Choosing to unstake to then restake at meme is a decision that should be carefully considered and then risks vs reward weighed. If there was no potential opportunity cost to the move then the whole point of the game would be lost. This is obviously just my personal opinion.

5 Likes

Impressed with the discussion and willingness of devs to listen and tweak based on feedback. I approve of the proposal and am excited to see the future of DIGG & badger!

8 Likes

It would be interesting to know why bBADGER was chose as tokens to be staked in order to mint the nfts instead of the classic 5 $MEMEs (and maybe LP tokens of a special meme/badger pool). Of course the whole prize thing for being the first in having one of each was known from the start that would be a whale game, a game of people that probably wonā€™t care receiving a bit less digg for staking in meme.

Thanks for asking this Q @bberry259 and @Mr_Po for clarifying.

That could have been a worry if a whale suddenly decided to move his liquidity to 10 different addresses, great that this has been taken care of!

1 Like

I agree with these pointā€¦

People moved because of this. They were told there was going to be apy boosts, airdrops, etc. People bought cards for $21,000 because they were under the impression having the cards would give them rewards.

2 Likes

The problem here is not what a whale could do NOW, but what a whale has already done in the past in preparation for this (specially since DIGG was announced ages ago). There are many such examples (this one failed): https://twitter.com/timoharings/status/1342623028530843650 and without sybil resistance, just like quadratic voting, it will actually end up disproportionately rewarding the smart whales that had the foresight to predict the uneven rewards (not hard).

1 Like

Canā€™t wait until quadratic/root distribution becomes the norm so smart whales segregate in advance, then the project says tricked ya, weā€™re doing reverse root and rewarding the biggest accounts by even more. Shouldnā€™t have tried to be a smart whale, dummies.

LOL.

Btw, if you want to see a project that failed and has no liquidity now due to screwing over whales, check out Snowswap.

This idea is next to magnificent, letā€™s get the party started

35% Earned Rewards / Badger Stake Days Ratio

Thereā€™s a pretty straight forward way to sybil attack this. How do you deal with this?

Could be that a minimum amount of $BADGER must have been earned to be eligible? But where is the line? If itā€™s too high it excludes the shrimps, if itā€™s too low it still allows sybil attack by whales.

Any other option to minimize sybil attacks?

EDIT: considering a snapshot thatā€™s in 2 or 3 days, Iā€™d say 60 to 80 is a good range?

It isnā€™t based solely on the ratio, the ratio is just used as a hurdle to be included in that part of the distribution. The actual distribution is done the same as the first 55%.

2 Likes